iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hour meter

Started by peterob, March 11, 2014, 06:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterob

has anyone ever added an hour meter to an lt28, mine is a 2010 an i would like to add one,but not sure how to, is here any one that could help me    thanks pete

sprucebunny

There is an hourmeter that is activated by vibration. no wiring required  :)

About $40 ? at NAPA.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

AnthonyW

I put this on one on my LT25.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hardline%20products%20HR-8061-2

Hardline Products model HR-8061-2. It has RPM and hour meter. Easy to install and works for me.
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

Chuck White

I put one on my LT40 a few years ago!

When the engine is running, it's a tach and when you shut the engine off it's an hour meter!

Just ground one wire and wrap the other wire around one of the spark plug wires a few times!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

caveman

JMoore and I added one to our LT-28 a few weeks after we bought the mill.  We just wired it to the key switchcircuit.  If the switch were to be left on with the engine off, you would add a lot of hours to the meter.  This has not happened to the mill.  Today, I came across a Briggs hour meter/tach combination that seemed easy enough to hook up.  If I could program hours on it I would consider switching it out with our existing meter just to be able to know RPM.
Caveman
Caveman

StimW

I bought one on ebay that just has one wire that you wrap around a spark plug wire 4 turns. It was $12. and has hours and rpm.
They work off of the eddy currents present on the outside of the S P wire and only work when the engine is running.
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

Thank You Sponsors!