iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF Member Jason came and helped me saw!

Started by Wallys World, March 09, 2014, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

Jason Of Jason_AleceMae Farms came down yesterday and helped me saw a few logs and get the feel of the LT28. It was a good day of sawing, learning and fixing on the LT28. We had a head drive motor problem but about after an hour we were back up and running. Jason wants to get a mill sometime but for now he is checking out the mills first hand. I think he got "spoiled" with the edger, it does make getting boards done faster.

Jason is in the white shirt.
My wife even made us "Cabbage Patch Stew" for lunch. It can't get any better than that!
Had a great time Jason!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Congrats on the visit.  Sounds like "another mans done gone".   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

moosehunter

It is always good to meet a fellow FFer! Jason, you are welcome to come help me saw and I am a lot closer!!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jason_AliceMae Farms

A big thank you to Wally and his wife for the hospitality!  This was the second stop on my great sawmill tour to get my fix before I take the plunge myself  8)  I definitely did enjoy having the edger there and when the time comes will probably consider getting one.  I plan on just sawing for myself and as a one man operation I can see the edger saving a lot of effort.  I also have figured out that whatever brand I go with it will either be portable or set up at waist height for comfort.

Every chance I get I am just staging logs as I clean out my woods so I will be ready to go once I pull the trigger on the mill.  I think I am going to decide on where I want to put up a little mill shed and get something going this year......ha-ha I have known that I want a mill but actually spending the last 2 weekends helping/visiting members I think I am going to put the saving for one into overdrive!  I am actually looking forward to the ramen noodle dinners.  I might even go for the chicken flavor since they are in orange packaging for extra motivation  :D

Moosehunter - I am currently here in Virginia for work but don't worry my sawmill tour will continue once I am back in NY, you and mwood are on my list!  ;)

Thank you again Wally I had a wonderful time!

I forgot to mention that I am now a Blue Creeper believer!  used some getting the drive motor off......I thought PB blaster was pretty good but I will be switching over to Blue Creeper after seeing it in action
Watching over 90 acres of the earth with 50 acres being forest.

Someday I would like to be able to say that I left thes 90 acres healthier than when I started watching over them.

drobertson

Looks like fun! weather looked great too!  Glad you got things running full speed,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Raider Bill

So what's this cabbage patch stew all about? :P
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jason_AliceMae Farms

Raider Bill - I don't know the details but I will say it was delicious!

We both forgot to mention the chocolate rice crispe treats made from chocolate rice crispes and chocolate marshmallows.  I did not even know they made chocolate marshmallows but man those things were good!
Watching over 90 acres of the earth with 50 acres being forest.

Someday I would like to be able to say that I left thes 90 acres healthier than when I started watching over them.

Wallys World

Cabbage Patch Stew is like chili but made with cabbage as one of the ingredients. Ground meat, dark red kidney beans. cabbage, carrots, celery, and diced tomatoes. You can cook it on the stove or crock pot.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Thank You Sponsors!