iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another "winter job pics" post

Started by lynde37avery, March 08, 2014, 08:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynde37avery

Detroit WHAT?

thecfarm

Those winters pictures will be summer pictures soon. I hope!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offthebeatenpath

Enjoy while it's still frozen... are you working in Colrain?  I rebuilt a big stone wall on Van Nuys Road a few years ago- probably not too far from you. Beautiful area. Some good patches of locust here and there.

Jed
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

lynde37avery

i know just where van nuys rd is. yep that job is in Leyden "next town north" but yea we got 2 logging jobs on van nuys rd right now. haha small world. who did you build the stone wall for? we have jobs going on for a guy named Jim Logan. nice guy has lots of timber. Demers land scaping's home is property right next to the property we are cuttin on. if ya met them at all.

i am hoping for summer pics. w eloaded those logs today. 20+ pieces. it looks about 1500 ft on the truck and loaded about 1500-2000 ft of spruce as well.
Detroit WHAT?

Offthebeatenpath

The wall job was for a guy named Josh Spring.  Real nice family with some good locust on a significant plot of forested land.

They live in the big brick farmhouse on the north end of Van Nuys Road- I think its the last house before Van Nuys hits Shelburne Line Road.  The wall is behind the house- it was a rebuild of an old collapsing wall.  The cause of the failure (I found while excavating) was that it was built on sloping ledge.  Took some finagling, but I turned the one old tall wall into two terraced levels using the original stones.

Whoops, I deviated from the topic of logging.  Sorry...
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Thank You Sponsors!