iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 2101

Started by sawpsycho, June 15, 2004, 04:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawpsycho

Having some touble with the  starting assembly- lovely plastic :-
Question:
Can you adapt another assembly from another  Husky saw without  plastic ?
Can you bore a decompressor plug  in the jug? so it isn't so hard on pully's and my arm.
Is this saw worth it?
If the butterfly valve and thottle pin have to be replaced is a new carbie the answer.?

My new name should be sawsucker :D

Oregon_Rob

Sounds like you found the same thing I did. People only seem to part with their big, old huskies when they are worn out.
I know of one guy who added a decomp valve to a 2100. He used the valve out of a 372 and put it in from the top of the cylinder head, not the side. Said it worked well. He had to have a tool house special order the tap.
Chainsaw Nerd

sawpsycho

Like probably most of uses ..I tried to fix that darn  thing and wasted more time but ocourse got some therapy. Even had the pulley- welded made shims and a ......anyhow bought a new assembly from baileys. The guy was telling me that the carbie has a governer screw  opposite side of the adjustment screws and could explain why it is hard to tune and vommits when it cuts in high with a small 24 inch bar. Need a bigger bar for some reason or block this screw with rubber
But he explained that the saw had a short stroke for a 101 cc saw and it was a keeper . So the answer was reveiled.

Your is tranfering anxiety to Rpm's

Sheldon

Thank You Sponsors!