iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EZcut not EZboardwalk...Anybody heard of 'em?

Started by wvwoodbutcher, March 06, 2014, 07:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvwoodbutcher

Earlier I ran across an ad on sawmilltrader.com for an "EZcut" sawmill, not to be mistaken with EZboardwalk. They don't have a website I can link you to(It's Amish country) But it looks like a solid mill, It's in my price range, and the thing that is most appealing to me is that its about 30 miles over the hill from where I am. Called the guy up and talked with him and seemed eager to answer any questions I had, and said he's been building them for 14 yrs. I'm going over saturday to check out one of his mills. Just curious if anyone here has ever heard of them.
Hudson Oscar 36

47sawdust

Never heard of them but if you could get some pictures it might help someone else as well.Their are quite a few Amish mill builders that don't advertise their products.How did you get his contact info.?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

drobertson

there are many mills that are copied, and painted similar colors.  The bottom line is parts availability, and sustainability.   there are many (home made, shop built,) mills that can get the job done.  Just knowing there is some form of standards in regards to bearings and fittings to repair is the real issue.   jmo.     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

wvwoodbutcher

I typed that in on the original post but i guess they edited it out???. Anyhow the guy actually had an ad on a popular sawmill trading website if you get my drift. I'll try and get some pictures so I can get some thoughts from you guys. Thats a good point drobertson, I'll be sure and bring that up.
Hudson Oscar 36

dgdrls

I recall the name,  as noted there are a few Amish fellows that build mills and do not advertise very much.
standard parts are key as well as a good solid build.
test drive as many as you can.

DGDrls

drobertson

I knew of a good friend that had an easy cut 21,  the head sawed at an angle, it pulled through the log much like climb cutting.  A good little manual mill,   It was blue in color,  for quite a few years I thought it was the ez board walk mill.  Not so, but a decent mill all the same.   Finding the right mill takes time and study,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

Quote from: wvwoodbutcher on March 06, 2014, 08:31:49 PM
I typed that in on the original post but i guess they edited it out???.

Who is "they" and supposedly what did "they" edit out?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

den

Could it be, E-Z Cut Bandmills, 175 Rosebush Lane, Pearisburg, Virginia

There is a lot of mills out there, most of them don't want to get big, just sell in the local area.
Homelite SuperXL, 360, Super2, Stihl MS251CB-E, Sotz M-20 20lb. Monster Maul, Wallenstein BXM-42

wvwoodbutcher

Yes den, thats exactly where it is!

drobertson, that pretty well describes this mill too. I suppose your friend was happy with his mill, and got years of service out of it? You are certainly right about doing your homework on these mills, I've been looking at sawmills for quite a while now and if you didn't shop around, you'd miss out on seeing alot of good products.

Jeff, when i typed the website sm trader dot com on my original post it didn't come up,  sorry, didn't mean to direct that at anybody.
Hudson Oscar 36

Jeff

They were blocked a while back for trying to troll the forum.

Ga Mtn Man

I hate to seem dense, but what do you mean by "troll the forum"? ???
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Jeff

Post for the soul reason to leave their web address to attract people to their website. Other words, try to advertise their services for free. Totally unfair to the other sponsors of the Forestry Forum.

drobertson

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The funny part is, they think Jeff don't know whats going on.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Quote from: Jeff on March 07, 2014, 09:03:51 AM
Post for the soul reason to leave their web address to attract people to their website. Other words, try to advertise their services for free. Totally unfair to the other sponsors of the Forestry Forum.
That alone would steer me away from a company. >:(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jim_Wahl

Perhaps it should be clarified that it was the trader site that was banned
and not the sawmill manufacturer (unless I am totally misunderstanding
the whole thread).
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

Jeff

The only thing blocked was the web address to the trader site. I don't remember all the details of it, as it was a while back, but as I remember there was a snippy comment made to me about the originating incident when I looked into it, and since I do own this site, that caused the block.  There are no mill manufacturers blocked on the Forestry Forum.

wvwoodbutcher

Wow, that thread got way off course. Sorry for the confusion, had no idea about the previous goings on with that site.

Chris.
Hudson Oscar 36

Ga Mtn Man

Just be glad it didn't turn to the topic of food (aka "grits"). :laugh:

Take some pics if you can and report back to us after your visit tomorrow.  We luvs pics.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wvwoodbutcher

Will do Ga Mtn Man! I'm sure I'll have some questions about this mill too. I'll keep ya posted.

Hudson Oscar 36

den

I'm curious about all mills, never met a mill I didn't like.
Pics please.
Homelite SuperXL, 360, Super2, Stihl MS251CB-E, Sotz M-20 20lb. Monster Maul, Wallenstein BXM-42

Possum Creek

I have seen one, it looked like a well designed mill and the owner was pleased with it. He said with a sharp band it would pull itself in cedar.                 PC

hogdogman

as a matter of fact, as I type this I am waiting on a big bowl of steaming hot grits with cheese and bacon bits smothered down with black pepper, being prepared by my wife.  I am going hog hunting as soon as I get done with it and no other breakfast food stays with me like GRITS. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!