iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

630 super bar oil leak

Started by gnarles, March 06, 2014, 06:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnarles

Hello,
I was wondering if any one had any words of wisdom on my old jonsered 630 super leaving a stringy nasty puddle every place I put it.
Is it just a seal or what?I have it torn down to swap gas tanks and I remembered the leak.I would like to fix if it is a reasonable fix.I is 27 years old.
Thanks in advance.

nhlogga

There is an o ring on the back side of the oiler that probably needs to be replaced.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

sablatnic

Yes, the o-ring, or the oil line. Actually, the o-ring is more like an x-ring. 

gnarles

So all this is behind the clutch?
I wish I had some manual on this thing.

shelbycharger400

my 630 leaks out the front cause one of the bolts for the felling dog was gone, and other loosened up,  the gasket sucked in and im sol.   

once you remove the clutch,  the oil pump comes out rather easy, but the socket head bolts are metric. 

gnarles

Well took the pump out and it appears the crank seal was pressed into the backside of it.I dont see any other remnants of any other seals or o-rings.
  So now I really need to find a diagram with part numbers.I will dig on internet.

gnarles

I usually find just about everything I need on the internet,but I just dont seem to be having luck lately.
I figured I could find a parts diagram with part numbers easily but I cant.
I am looking for a breakdown of the bar oil pump system of a jonsered 630 super and the part numbers.
Any one know of a place I can look online?
I have not contacted jonsered or husqvarna yet.I seem obligated to spend more money when I go to manufacturers for parts.
Any help would be appreciated.

sablatnic

You can use this. It is the same oil pump and crankcase.

http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Husqvarna%20266.pdf

A smart move would be to take a VERY good look at the crank shaft seal! They have a habit of flattening the lips.

shelbycharger400

Id call chainsawer, he has parts

Brian_Rhoad

gnarles

Thanks guys.
I tryed chainsawer,but it looked like they where out of stock.
Partstree had every thing I needed.
So now I will clean up all my parts and wait for delivery.

Just to add a personal note:
I grew up in country.Us kids made our own fun.We didnt get an allowance.But when the boys turned sixteen,Dad took us to the local saw shop and bought us a brand new Jonsered.My sisters got a brand new Singer sewing machine at sixteen.Ma and Dad said you can make money with these tools if need be.

I cant say I ever made much with my saw,but I know I have saved tens of thousands with it through the decades.
That old 630 still runs out pretty good and I will never part with it.

Old school is still a viable option for life.Take a kid with to get a load of firewood.Teach em how to split.Teach em how to pile.Show them which weeds not to touch,and which you can eat.You might just end up with an independent kid.

Thanks again guys and happy cuttin.

Thank You Sponsors!