iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

088 stihl mint!

Started by hu5qvarna395xp, March 05, 2014, 09:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hu5qvarna395xp

I have a 088 stihl that's in amazing mint shape an was just curious what's it worth!! I'm a husqvarna man an dnt need or want but I got a good deal on it from a guy that bought it brand new an its just sit in my shop fr few yrs... Thanks for all the help
Jd an franklin skidders,husqvarna saws,prentice loaders an mack trucks that's how we roll!!!

JohnG28

Depends on the person really. Should be worth a decent price in really good shape,  but that's to the guy with a use for it.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

hu5qvarna395xp

Yes I know what you mean I seen well use ones for 1500$ an plus
Jd an franklin skidders,husqvarna saws,prentice loaders an mack trucks that's how we roll!!!

sawguy21

:o I wouldn't pay that for any used saw but that's just me.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

deerslayer

Condition is everything but I think you're looking at the $1000 range. It would have to be in pretty nice shape. This saw is older so is subject to the ailments that saws get from aging such as hardened seals, fuel lines, etc. How long of a bar does it have? The rule of thumb with saws is about half of new price and then add or subtract from that based on cosmetics and condition. Pictures are essential whenever a saw's value is being assessed.
Too many chainsaws, not enough wood.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

John R

Is it for sale?

I wouldn't pay over a grand for it.
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

hu5qvarna395xp

John R

Can you post some pictures?
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

Mooseherder

Hey guys, just remember to put into the for sale section and cover the Forestry Forum agreement when selling your stuff here.

Thank You Sponsors!