iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please pray for Karie - Bad auto wreck

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, March 04, 2014, 07:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandhills

Great to hear that!!!  Still praying for a complete recovery and hope you and the Mrs. can sleep a little easier now.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you all. As a loner myself and with a very small family, I felt like i had all the family in the world with all you folks there. Thank you one and all.

She must feel better, she is already asking me to co-sign on her next vehicle. I know they are OK is they are looking to spend my money... :D
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

goose63

Yep spending dads money is a sure cure happy to hear she is doing good 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Red Good

Wow , so quickly , man that's good to hear . Wish her the best and hoping for a full recovery . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Busy Beaver Lumber

I am willing to co-sign, but i want to see a good bill of health from all the doctors first. She has about 5 appointments with various ones throughout this coming week. Once they all give thumbs up, we can talk about going car shopping. Until then she can window shop and try to figure out what she wants for her next ride. I am thinking driving again is still a few weeks away since she is still very sore and not moving around very feely yet.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

pine

Great news.  Recovery should hopefully accelerate even more.

ChuckinVa

I will continue to pray for Karie's complete recovery and for you and Mrs. BB also. Encourage her to take her time and not try to rush back into things. Physically we heal faster than we do mentally sometimes.  Best wishes for you and your family!

SawyerBrown

Great news!   

If it were me, I'd make another stipulation to promise to wear her seat belt. I know you feel that in this case she may have been better off, but statistically you're much better to remain in the vehicle than to be airborne and smashing into who knows what or having the vehicle smashing into you.  Vehicle designers depend on you staying in for best protection. I've seen so many accidents that you can't believe anybody survived but in fact they walked away because of seat belts and air bags.  I'm just sayin', if it were my kid ...

I've gotten into such a habit, a while back I just automatically buckled up to pull the car from the driveway into the garage!   :D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

submarinesailor

Ditto what SawyerBrown said.  Seen it way too many times.  Out of all the wrecks (hundreds) I went to many years ago, only one did not wearing the seat belt help.

Bruce

Ernie

Amen to the seatbelts and maybe even a good defensive driving course.  Our kids are too precious to lose.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

justallan1

Great news. Thanks for the update.

Allan

Busy Beaver Lumber

I am with you guys on the seat belt issue. I always wear mine and make sure anyone in the car is buckled up too. She has been told 100 times to wear the seat belt. Why she does not listen is beyond me, and I fear that because she survived, what could easily have been a fatal accident, that she may think she is invincible as a result. I have spoke my piece to her and her Mother on this issue. Mom assures me she read her the riot act. I guess time will tell. She is a good kid, but tends to be absent minded about many issues, safety being one of them.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

barbender

I am a about as stubborn of a meathead as one could find, and I learned to wear one ::) I am glad she is recovering well, I hope she realizes how fortunate she is to be alve. No seatbelt=no car ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Ernie

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on March 10, 2014, 06:47:02 PM
I am with you guys on the seat belt issue. I always wear mine and make sure anyone in the car is buckled up too. She has been told 100 times to wear the seat belt. Why she does not listen is beyond me, and I fear that because she survived, what could easily have been a fatal accident, that she may think she is invincible as a result. I have spoke my piece to her and her Mother on this issue. Mom assures me she read her the riot act. I guess time will tell. She is a good kid, but tends to be absent minded about many issues, safety being one of them.

I don't want to be a doom caster but our sons have lost too many of their young friends through lack of seatbelts being worn or cell phone talking or texting while driving.  I don't know  if you can buy interlocks as an aftermarket device to prevent the vehicle being started unless the seat belt is properly fastened, I know they used to be available.  I know you can buy breath test interlocks so the seat belt ones may be available.

It my be a bit extreme but the kids need strong guidance if they are to live to be old enough to be adequatley sensible like us old folk :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

5quarter

BBL...grateful news about your daughter. If it were my girl, I'd be happy to get her a new truck...as long it said MACK across the grill.  ;) ;D ;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

gspren

While watching The Voice last night we got to thinking about Karie, how's she doing? We hope recuperating nicely.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Thank You Sponsors!