iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A nice days cutting worth of Sycamore and a gooseneck load of smaller tie logs .

Started by RayMO, March 03, 2014, 10:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayMO

Father & Son Logging and sawing operation .

Nemologger

Clean and Sober

Ohio_Bill

Nice Work, Look like very solid logs.  I am not able to sell sycamore for ties.  Stella Parsons would take them but they shut down in this area. 
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

RayMO

Thanks Guys . We have snow and ice on the ground now but should hit 50s by weeks end . I haul about 1,500 ' of smaller logs or up to 2,000' of big longer stuff but only haul less than 15 miles on very rural back county roads. Just bought a heavier 08 superduty dually yesterday that will make for a safer haul . Had to unload the tie logs by hand/cant hook at a tiny Amish mill .They pay well but a pain to haul to .....

hunz

RayMo,
  goooodnight! :o Now that is one serious load on a one ton. What truck were you pulling with before the new 08 powerstroke? I am looking to do the same type of thing, falling...and sawing myself. I just threw a post up about a machine to skid logs and load on my gooseneck to relocate to my mill. What are you and your son using?
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

ahlkey

I would double check your state and federal rules for transporting heavy loads.   Besides rules on load weights, licenses, dot numbers, possible cdl, etc... when transporting logs one thing that is easy to spot are the rules for securing logs.  I believe you would need some sort of solid bunk or bolsters that cradles the logs or prevents them from rolling.

Nice load of logs. 

RayMO

Pulled with a 97 1 ton powerstroke crew with single rear tires. Trailer has two 12,000 lb axles and extra heavy brakes on both.
Kinda hard to unload by hand with solid bunks  ;D I have a set to fit on trailer when hauling to a mill with loader to unload with .

CCC4

Nice! Hey RayMo, do evr try out new stuff on sycamore? They respond really well swinging. You can pull off about anything with them as long as your canopy will give you clearance. They sizwheel really really well....you can swing them 180* all day on a slope.

I'm headed down around Batesville soon to cut along the river. I bet there are tons of sycamore down there, supposed to have a bunch of over size stuff.

RayMO

I love cutting Sycamore cause it cuts fast and easy to limb with very little chance of splitting . And as you say it is very forgiving on the directional falling issue . Skids easy and the slick bark does not pick up much dirt or rocks to dull saw at the landing.

Thank You Sponsors!