iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thanks to forestryforum

Started by coppolajc10, March 03, 2014, 06:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coppolajc10

Just wanted to say thanks to the forum for helping me through purchasing my mill ... I read many posts in researching what to get and all the info was incredibly helpful.  Special thanks to redbeard and tom the sawyer for tips and helpful hints on the TK B20.  I drove down to Alabama this weekend to pickup this B20 ... ran into a little snow.   Picture is of me brushing off the snow from the long trip.  Can't wait to try this mill, I'm going to start with making some 8/4 out of poplar ... then maybe some maple, cherry, and oak from my dad's farm.  Anyway, thanks again to everyone!!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm happy for you and your new mill. 8)
But I'll have bad dreams because of all your snow.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

POSTON,you know what is real scary? He is brushing off snow that he picked up in AL.  :o
Congrats on the mill.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on March 03, 2014, 07:12:24 PM
POSTON,you know what is real scary? He is brushing off snow that he picked up in AL.  :o
Congrats on the mill.

I really hates transplant snow.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, coppolajc10, and Congratulations on the "new" sawmill.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Covered in snow now it looks, sawdust will soon follow! ;D  Real happy for you!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Tom the Sawyer

Jacob,

Wow, that was fast.  Glad you got it home without any problems.  It's a good mill and there are quite a few B-20 owners on here - ask questions if you need any help, or call.   smiley_clapping
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Sixacresand

Congratulations  on your new mill, Coppolajc10.  A long trip, but it will be worth it.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

clww

That was quite a road trip!
Congratulations to you. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Peter Drouin

Good luck with your new mill. Now saw out a building to go over it  ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

hunz

Congrats on the new mill, you will be floating as soon as you pull the first clean board off of it. Those b20's are tried and true with a legacy of buildings to speak it's name. Solid choice!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

Red Good

Congrats on the new mill , can't wait to see it covered in sawdust . Glad you had a safe trip . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill and, welcome to the Forestry Forum, coppolajc10!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

5quarter

I would have road tripped for that too! Great choice!  8) 8)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

coppolajc10

Thanks everyone!  Best to you all!

redbeard

You did real good on your deal. Glad you had a safe trip.  8)
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

JamieT

I was one of many who just stayed in the shadows and checking this site daily! I would also like to thank the forum, and all its members for the awesome hospitality, and respectful help to green horns such as myself! AND I  wanna thank the forum and its members for taking all the fault, and blame I placed on them to my significant other for "brain washing" me into spending that money! Hahaha
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

thecfarm

That is what we love to do. Spend someone elses money for a change.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JamieT

Might hang myself here, but we need a like button on this site! Lots of good and funny stuff here....
Learned just about everything I know, from the greatest man ive ever known. My father! Everything else was self taught thru the school of HARD KNOCKS ;-)

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: JamieT on March 05, 2014, 11:47:55 AM
Might hang myself here, but we need a like button on this site! Lots of good and funny stuff here....

Adding comments is as good as a LIKE button to most of us...

Herb

SawyerBrown

Welcome coppolajc10!  And to Snow Sawing.  :D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

coppolajc10

Thank You Sponsors!