iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HVA 550XPG - Help a Swede buy!

Started by TheJo, March 03, 2014, 11:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJo

I'm going on a vacation to Milwaukee / Chicago, 11-18 march.
And I want to buy a HVA 550 XPG while in the States.
Because the price in Sweden is $1400 USD  :o

And it's hard to find US prices because of Husqvarna rules.
Where can I order the saw, 18" blade? And get it shipped to the hotel.
And what is a fair price?

Thanks!

Ward Barnes

Quote from: TheJo on March 03, 2014, 11:23:51 AM
I'm going on a vacation to Milwaukee / Chicago, 11-18 march.
And I want to buy a HVA 550 XPG while in the States.
Because the price in Sweden is $1400 USD  :o

And it's hard to find US prices because of Husqvarna rules.
Where can I order the saw, 18" blade? And get it shipped to the hotel.
And what is a fair price?

TheJo:

Baileysonline.com (one of our sponsors) quoted a price of $659.95 with free shipping. 

Welcome to the forum.

God Bless, Ward and Mary.

7 year old Stihl MS 390.  New Stihl trim saw MS 250.  Kubota BX 2200 tractor.  2005 F150 4X4.
Dull chains cause accidents.  Accidents cause shorter life spans.
You don't sharpen a chain when it gets dull.  You sharpen a chain to keep it from getting dull.

JohnG28

I don't think you'll be able to get it shipped to your hotel. Pro saws can't be shipped here either. You'll have to go to a dealer and pick one up.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

thecfarm

Now the next queation is,closest dealer in Milwaukee / Chicago area.   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnG28

Ward, if you go one step further you will see that they will not sell them over the internet and require in store purchase. Sure one can be found in the Chicago area.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

TheJo

JohnG28 - Thanks for the information! As I suspected.

But some other questions then:

- Any good reseller close to Chicago / Milwaukee?

- Possible to get a better price if I buy more things? $659.95 seems to be a little bit high?
550XPG with 18" blade
Extra 15" blade
Some extra chains for both blades
Timberline Sharpener

Edit: One more: Do you have the 550XPG with TrioBrake in US?

John Mc

Husqvarna Dealer locator in the US here:
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/dealers/dealer-locator/

Aren't you going to get hit with some sort of duty bringing it back in to your country?  You could try to claim it's used, I guess, but if it's actually used, the airline may have issues letting you check that baggage (they can get a little touchy about fuel tanks that have been used, even if they are empty).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

JohnG28

JohnMc is probably right with getting hit when you bring it into your country. You could probably ship it home for not all that much right to your door though. Idk about getting all that you've asked from a dealer,  maybe an extra chain or two, least from my experience. The price quoted here is about half the price there, why the fuss then? ???

SawTroll

Quote from: TheJo on March 03, 2014, 05:21:28 PM
JohnG28 - Thanks for the information! As I suspected.

But some other questions then:

- Any good reseller close to Chicago / Milwaukee?

- Possible to get a better price if I buy more things? $659.95 seems to be a little bit high?
550XPG with 18" blade
Extra 15" blade
Some extra chains for both blades
Timberline Sharpener

Edit: One more: Do you have the 550XPG with TrioBrake in US?

You don't really want the triobrake ;) - and 15" bars are quite uncommon in the US I believe? 16" is very common though!

Remember that most prices you have seen before likely are for the xp, not the xpg, as they are not very common in the US.
Information collector.

TheJo

I'll hopefully not getting hit with any duty. Because I'll put the saw in my suitcase.
And the customs in Sweden don't care that much for some $100.
But of course, it's still a chance that they stop me at the boarder.

Quote from: SawTroll on March 04, 2014, 07:00:35 AM

You don't really want the triobrake ;) - and 15" bars are quite uncommon in the US I believe? 16" is very common though!

Remember that most prices you have seen before likely are for the xp, not the xpg, as they are not very common in the US.

If I have to choose between XP TrioBrake and XP G without TrioBrake. I'll buy the XP G.
Becuase the heated grips is more important.

No, they don't like the odd Numbers in the US.  ;)

Yes, I think that's true about the prices I've seen.

thecfarm

The g probably will cost $75 more now?? I have them on a 372. Wire must be broke. Have not worked in 3 years now. But only cut a little at a time now. My gloves get wet now,I head for the house and get another pair.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TheJo

I found the saw on this webpage http://www.pantanopowerequipment.com

Any experience with them?

Rob5073

Quote from: TheJo on March 05, 2014, 11:11:42 PM
I found the saw on this webpage http://www.pantanopowerequipment.com

Any experience with them?

I've noticed they have a "storefront" on eBay.

SawTroll

You can of course look up dealers in the relevant area trough the "dealer locater" on the US Husky website, and contact them.
I don't know of any in the Chicago area that is a member of any of the more common chainsaw forums, but there are several in other areas.
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!