iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered band mill

Started by petty cash, March 02, 2014, 10:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petty cash

Does anyone have recent experience with the model 2196 Jonsered band sawmill ?Are they reliable as a hobby mill, are replacement parts available ? Thanks for any light you guys can shed on the subject.

Part_Timer

I've only ever seen one at a show but it looked nice.  Is it new or used?
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

petty cash

Thanks Part - Timer, it's used.

Part_Timer

I have run the EZ that you have on your sig. line and they are very, very nice.  If I needed a band mill again that would be my first choice for sure.
Give a call to Jonsered and discuss parts replacement cost with them.  I'd bet most all of it could be sourced locally if you did a bit of research, Grainger, McMastercarr, Motion all carry bearings, belts, pulley's etc.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

petty cash

I'll make some phone calls tomorrow concerning parts for a jonsered. Still think maybe I ought to continue with the ez boardwalk jr. idea.

hamish

The Jonsered mill is great but parts availability (at least in Canada) is now non existant.  Very few, if any parts would be off the shelf at your local hardware store.  Simple item such as dogging devices are much more complex than those you would find on a North American built mill.  Unless you have the means to make parts yourself or have a competent machine shop near by, I would stray away.

If not.............you gonna like it.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

petty cash

thanks hamish, there is a machine shop close by.

Thank You Sponsors!