iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oregon Log Splitter

Started by Timberjack_395XP, March 02, 2014, 11:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timberjack_395XP

Anybody own a Oregon log splitter haven't seen anything really mentioned on here except a few places that didn't say a whole lot.

drobertson

I know a fellow that had one, probably still does, it worked fine, bout like the rest on the market.  It seems most are very similar in the basic generic components,  I would say price has as much to do with a choice as anything.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Timberjack_395XP

Well was just wanting to know I know its in range with everybody else but just wanted a personal splitter for small areas & I love Oregon stuff I heard its built by speeco but wanted a personal splitter but am looking at a multitek for a new commercial operation

sawguy21

It is built by Speeco which is owned by Blount as is Oregon.  A good splitter for the price, it uses standard SAE fittings and hoses which makes servicing a lot easier. It is available with Briggs and Stratton, Honda, Kohler, and an offshore clone which you would be wise to avoid.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

treechopper40

I bought a brand new Oregon splitter 2 yrs ago with a kohler engine the engine was great the splitter is a pile of junk I had all kinds of trouble the beam bent and broke and thers a plate on the bottom of the wedge with 3 bolts in it that break constantly its a poor splitter in my opinion I only used it 1 year and gave it away
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

Timberjack_395XP

it says they have a 1-2-3 warranty on it maybe you just got a bad one it sounds like it fell apart on ya

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: Timberjack_395XP on March 03, 2014, 07:40:23 PM
it says they have a 1-2-3 warranty on it maybe you just got a bad one it sounds like it fell apart on ya

I guess I did too then. Here is my review on it: https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,56300.0.html

Thank You Sponsors!