iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Inspiration From Poston and David

Started by elk42, March 01, 2014, 08:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk42

Another Ugly Red Oak
When I Loaded it on the log deck I think the little LT15 say { WHAT ARE YOU DOING
TO ME BOSS}  :( Well the little LT15 chugged right along just like the little engine that could.   8)

Last one is a cherry croch 
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

drobertson

Nice!  mercy sakes, I bet you were mumbling too rolling that thing ;D ;D  they sure make some nice lumber the big old ones,     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MartyParsons

Hello Elk,
Nice log turning device!
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Elk, you, my friend are an inspiration to others who have been wondering,,,"can it be done?".
You did it......great job.
How much hair did you pull outta your head?  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

elk42

The log turner  works great it was on problem to turn. And I have two more pieces
of this log that is longer
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,

elk42

Poston the imposable takes just a little longer, like eating an elephant just one bite at a time.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: elk42 on March 01, 2014, 08:27:31 PM
Poston the imposable takes just a little longer, like eating an elephant just one bite at a time.

:D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

elk42

About that elephant I might need some of that snow from up north to keep from
spoiling .  :D :D :D

Magicman

Thanks for showing what can be done if you keep chugging along.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

I wasn't sure about your log turner!  Not too shabby elk!  not much mumbling going on there,  heck of a deal.
better than boiled elephant for sure!   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bill Gaiche

red oaks lumber

elk42
i need your address, i have snow for you. i you order in 15 minutes we'll throw in a dose of cold air at no additional charge :D hurry, you dont want to miss out on this opportunity. we have alot of stock on both items so , dont worry about not getting any :D :D 8)
niffty lookin large log turner :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

elk42

Red Oaks
Sorry about that little gig, I really feel for you guys up there. If I were up there I
would be back to the south with these snakes  >>>>8> and 100 temp and 95% humidity. smiley_devil_trident

bandmiller2

Elky, I'am very impressed with your log turner. A friend of mine built one the same and is happy with it. He makes many cuts then turns the whole bundle. After use it just rolls out of the way. Do you handle your own sharpening and setting chores.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Wellmud

elk42, that is a neat log turner and some nice lumber as well. Red oaks lumber, I think if you were willing to double the offer in the next 15 minutes (as is customary) you may have been able to make the sale :laugh:
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

47sawdust

Anyone with a 4post mill would be wise to pay a visit to elk42's gallery.What you've done with that
lt15 set-up is super slick.Very nice job.
FF members are as clever as they come1
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Rockn H

Some nice lumber coming out of that log.  Looks like a pretty nice mill setup too. :)

GAB

elk42:
Thanks for the pictures you have attached to this thread.
Questions: What size winch are you useing?
How big of a log do you feel this size winch could turn? Length and Diameter.
What size battery are you useing? CCA
Is the battery a deep cycle one?
How are you charging that battery?
Can you turn a log in either direction with your set-up?
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

elk42

Frank C.
I have used three grinders, The last one is a Cook it is the best that I have used, works great.
GAB
The winch is a 3500 mile marker with 1/4 Amsteel blue rope, better than steel cable.     
The longest was a SYP 26" butt 42' long.
The largest was post oak 32" butt 16' long.
Deep cycle about 800 cca.
Charging is not that much of an issue,
Yes it will both ways but I turn to the stops
  If you make one be sure that the winch can slid on top of the frame, to fit the size log 

Cypress Sam

You guys were talking about snow and now it has dropped from 75 yesterday at noon to 21 this morning. It is now 22 and snowing.  I am glad I took the water off of my lt 40!!!!
SAM

GAB

W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!