iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nice maple and cherry pics

Started by Seaman, March 01, 2014, 08:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

I cut a nice maple yesterday with lots of Ambrosia, and a cherry with Ambrosia. I am pretty sure it is cherry. So old it is dark wood, with very little bark remaining. It sure smells like cherry !

Above is Maple that will be trimmed and glued after drying

Below is the cherry, also to be glued as bookend pairs

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Magicman

Do you have a building project in mind?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Nice salvage of the wood, I still think I would like to have a slabber mill,    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

It looks like the slabber went "South" in the 4th picture.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Seaman

MM, it does look that way, must be the camera angle. It is cut flat, 2 3/8 in 
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Magicman

Your slabs look wonderful.   :)

I was looking at the mark on the left side below the top surface. 

Seaman

Yea, you can see the bar at the very left edge. It is an obtain illusion of the kerf.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Magicman

smiley_thumbsup Thanks, it was just a curiosity thing with no intention of side tracking your thread.   :)

shelbycharger400

I'd like to pack my slabber and move south

Seaman

After further review, I think my cherry is really maple. I guess my nose was wishful smelling.
Still beautiful.
Sold two of each to the first person who looked at them today.
I plan to dry and glue up the rest of the smaller one in a three piece top !

Shelby, just come south. You can run my slabber. ;)

Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

shelbycharger400

As long as ya feed me,   fat boys gotta eat lol.

After the kids are over 18,   will seriously consider moving

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!