iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Information wanted for Morgan Little Champ Edger

Started by postville, February 28, 2014, 04:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postville

I just bought a Morgan edger and need some specs. Does anyone have a manual?
I need the shaft rpm for 10 inch 10 tooth blades. HP for spindle?
Were there 2 motors, one for spindle and one for belt feed?
This unit came from an Amish sawmill and they had converted it to their power requirements.
Thanks for your help. Bob
LT40 25hp Kohler, Gehl 6635, Valby grapple, Ford 4600, Farmi winch, Stihl saws

Brad_S.

I owned one for a few years. I didn't use it much and sold it to the late FF member Kansas.
It did have two motors, one for the spindle which was 10hp, and one for the belt which was, IIRC, 1/4 or 1/3hp. I don't know what the rpm was.
Mine had one fixed set of blades and two movable sets. The rule of thumb is 5hp per blade, so I was underpowered when trying to rip 2" material with all three blades.
Here is the photo I had listed here on the FF, you can see in the power box there are two switches for the above.
Sorry I don't recall anything more.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

customsawyer

The one I have is powered by a 25hp gas engine. The one engine powers the blades and the belts. WDH is babysitting it for me so he might be able to get you some pics. When I bought mine new it didn't come with a owners manual so I doubt you will be able to find one. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

nk14zp

Is the 25hp gas enough or is it lacking at times?  I ask because I want to put a gas engine on my belsaw edger.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

customsawyer

It is great in 1X lumber. You have to slow down the feed speed in the 2X, but it still does a good job.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!