iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

VT Solar Kiln Course in May

Started by VTwood, February 27, 2014, 02:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTwood

Lots of great solar kiln information on the forum.

Just to let you know, a short course, Drying Lumber with a Solar Kiln, will be held on Friday, May 30th, 2014 at the Brooks Forest Products Center, Blacksburg, VA. This course is designed for the small scale woodworking facility or hobby woodworker. Information about how to design, modify, build and operate a solar based on the Virginia Tech design will be presented. Solar lumber drying provides a safe and economical way to dry lumber given limited knowledge and experience.

For more information and to register go to: http://sbio.vt.edu/about/extension/vtsolar_kiln/

Thanks,

Brian Bond

Sawdust Lover

I took this coarse a few years ago. It's well worth it.

NCDiesel

I signed up - anyone else from Forestry Forum going?   
NCDiesel
Cooks MP-32, 2016 Ram 1500, 6K Kaufman Equip. Trailer, 1995 Bobcat 753 skidsteer 1958 Ford 861 Diesel,
Youth Conservation Corps, Clayton Ranger District, 1977.
I worked sawmills as a teenager and one fall morning I came to work and smelled walnut cutting.  I have loved sawmills ever sinc

scot wolf

Likes to play on the farms and in the shop
John Deere 4120 with 400x loader and grapple to haul out logs and firewood
Stihl saws of all sizes to cut 'em up

xlogger

I might look into going. I've got a rotator cuff problem and have to make a date to get cut. Going to be out of work for awhile.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!