iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

576 xp problem

Started by Brleclaire, February 25, 2014, 10:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brleclaire

Anyone having trouble with tube between carb and jug tearing and making saw run really lean. We had this happen on 3 of ours and another logger had 4 of his do the same. Dealer said part is on back order till who knows when.

Andyshine77

Are you talking about the intake boot? If so is the boot tearing, or simply coming loose? How old are the saws? I haven't heard of any issues with the intake boots on the 576. This problem is normally caused buy workers pulling too hard on the handles when the saw is stuck in a log. The 576 has travel limiters to minimize the chance of this happening, and would likely show damage if this is what's causing your problems. The spring AV mounts would likely show stretching as well.     
Andre.

Brleclaire

Yes the intake tubes are cracking.The material gets brittle in cold weather. I'm in the u.p of michigan where it has been cold. Our local dealer had 15 saws so far this winter with same problem. Now the part is on back order. Looked on husky parts online not available till 4/17. The bigger problem is if u keep running the saw it will burn a piston.

Andyshine77

I see. The material may be getting brittle over time do to ethanol in the fuel, if that's what you're running. About how old, and how much time do the saws have in them? It's somewhat common for intake boots to crack on high hour saws. You have options when it comes to parts. Try Bailey's, and http://www.partstree.com/parts/ they may have the parts in stock. Now you said tube, is there any chance we're just talking about the impulse line? The impulse line is a small black tube that looks like a fuel line.

Yes if the boot is cracked it will cause a large air leak, which will make the saw run lean. Also if you're not opening the winter shutter you may want to give that a try, it will keep the air around the boot warmer.
Andre.

Spike60

Good advice Andre.  :)

I've done occasional boot replacements on these saws, going back to the 575's which obviously take the same part. No more or less than on 372's and such. I'm concluding from the OP, that the frequency of this happening has jumped up with the crazy cold temps in MI this winter?

There was a problem a few years back with 2188/390 boots in the cold weather and this was corrected by re-formulating the rubber. (New replacement boots had a dab of yellow paint on them to indicate they are upgraded). Not sure if a similar deal has happened with the 576 or not. The backorder thing must have happened within the last month, cause I got one not that long ago.

And that impulse line Andre mentioned should always be looked at. It almost always fails right where it clips into the flange on the intake boot.

Also, if the 576's are Auto-tune's, there's little if any danger that they will fry. The AT keeps dumping fuel into the saw to compensate for the sir leak. It'd still run like crap though, and have a higher than normal idle.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

sharkey

I heard TK say that he replaces these manifolds for his customers once a year?  Maybe that amount of preventative maintenance really is necessary. 

Andyshine77

Quote from: sharkey on February 27, 2014, 04:03:10 PM
I heard TK say that he replaces these manifolds for his customers once a year?  Maybe that amount of preventative maintenance really is necessary.

No he must be talking about something completely different. Intake boots are replaced as needed, they normally last the saws lifetime.
Andre.

Thank You Sponsors!