iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

working in Canada

Started by 247ktmmx, February 24, 2014, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

247ktmmx

Hi everone I am new to the sight what I have seen so fare is very good I have been a logger for about 25 years and tired of working for little money I check out the logging jobs in BC & alberta there seems to be alot of jobs and a lot better pay has any one gone up to canada to work any info on this would be great help thank you

sawguy21

Welcome aboard. This should get you started.  http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-usa-citizens.html Wages are better here but the cost of living is higher too especially with the Canadian dollar in free fall.
Logging jobs are not as plentiful as you think. WorkSafe BC rules regarding certification are strict too. Do your homework before coming on spec.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CCC4

Would I be wrong to assume you you race KTM's??? XC guy here....welcome to the forum. Are you in the US and wanting to work in Canada? I researched this route several years ago and discovered there is some wicked double taxing if an American works in Canada. I think I have all the tax info maybe retained on a racing forum I am on. When I get home this evening I will look it up and try to link it over. It was pretty discouraging. Also BC has all those training standards. You might be better off hitting Alaska.

Thank You Sponsors!