iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mileage calculator site

Started by Danny_S, June 12, 2004, 03:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny_S

What's a good site to go to to find out distances and driving routes. It needs to include Canada. I wanna know how to get to Jeff B's for da pig roast... ???
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Fla._Deadheader

We use the big Road Atlas. You know, the BIG Book. ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

Try Yahoo maps, if ya know the address. If your a CAA member they have maps and trip tick charts to help also. They have mileage between towns on the trip ticks, and routes and intersections.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

"Trip Ticks" ??? They anything like "Deer Ticks"  :D :D :D

Must hafta have a perfectly straight route mapped out, to make any time ::) ::) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

For those of us not in the know. erm... :D :D

and an excerpt

A long way from the piggy roast ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

SwampDonkey

Yup, Tom, that's setup like yahoo maps. Both sites are good for well known routes, not so good on secondary routes. But, most of us want to stick to the beatin trail if we want to make good time. ;)

Tom

Mapquest probably works pretty good once you get south of the border and onto paved roads. :D :D

SwampDonkey

WHAT?! No cordroyed roads south of the border? Yippee!! ;)

Tom

The farther south you go, the better they get.  They got some big holes in the roads from N.Y. up the coast. :P :D   I almost lost my motorcycle in one of them one time. :)

SwampDonkey

Yup, know what ya mean Tom. You can only rely on Route 2 and the coast highways here, the rest are 'enter at your own risk'. The truck traffic and farm equipment tear the h%^$% out of'm.

In Maine, I been on alot of secondary paved roads and they are light years ahead of ours in my area. Our secondaries are nothing much than chip seal over clay with deep ditches. I actually enjoy driving Maine's roads. I dunno what they are like up Termites way, but they can't be worse than here.

Tom

Here in Florida the State and locals pave the main drags real often.  The side roads are good but they don't get much traffic. We don't complain too much about the rough roads, just the construction. :D

Jeff

Just go to the soo Ontario and Kevin can point ya the way from there. He blows right by here quite often. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Been there, done that. I wonder if he knows the Pines Hotel. I stayed there once. And the Ramada Inn. I got there in an ice storm in April, when I left home it was 85 degrees the day before. I got all the Triptiks to the Saulte fer ya Dandy, but its all Canadian roads. Right from Woodstock, NB. :D :D

etat

Sorry, gonna get off topic for a minute.

Tom, as a non motorcycle rider for some reason I just can't picture you on one.  Just can not get it in my head.  Not saying this in any kind of bad way.  

My self, never been on one of them motorcycles much.  NOT that I didn't want one, when I was a kid couldn't have one, and my parents probably couldn't have afforded one anyways.  Recon I just made do with horses, and bicycles.

Now I did buy myself a motorcycle one time.  Been a long time ago but I'm a thinking it was a Kawasaki 400, two stroke.  Probably oh, about '76 or '77.  For about 45 minutes I rode fast.  Then I missed a curve.   Big time.  Rode it down and  stayed on top as long as I could.  Wasn't long though cause it throwed me off into a ditch just before it hit a bank and folded up.  Ditch was full of soft mud, no doubt that saved my life.  Skidding around tore off my shirt, my shoes, and scared me up some but I walked away.  Sore and I never been on a motorcycle since.  I do think about motorcycles some and though I got back on every horse that ever throwed me, just never wanted a bike since.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Danny_S

:o  YEEEEESH!  Pasted from mapquest...

Total Est. Time:  18 hours, 9 minutes Total Est. Distance: 960.17 miles  

I better go warm the car up....

Jeff

That aint so bad Danny. You leave now and you could be here for supper tomorrow.  I'll be expecting ya for the piggy roast.  We are going to have to do a hard count in the next week or so. I gotta get a real good idea of whos coming so we can have enough food and stuff.

Danny_S

Naaa, not that bad, I could shorten it up ALOT... it wants me to stay on Canadian Highways for that distance. I figure I can go almost straight from here into USA, running other roads other that interstates ect.. and probably cut a couple hours off of that. I really cant say for sure right now If I will be there. I will let you know asap.

Furby

CK, my dad did just about the same thing a few years ago. Hasn't been back on the bike since, it's just sitting in the garage.  ::)

Jeff, how hard of a count ???

Jeff

Furby

Jeff

Furby you live only an hour and a half away. You can handle an RSVP I am sure. :D

Danny_S

What about accomodations Jeff, is there room for my tent in your back yard someplace?  It is 6' x 12'.   ;)

SwampDonkey

Jeff: ermm.. ;)

What did you volunteer Danny_S to setup and run the beer tent?

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Jeff

Sure, we'll find a place for a tent. :)  

Thank You Sponsors!