iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

540B front diff. Hoses.

Started by Skiddersally, February 23, 2014, 04:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skiddersally

Fellas I'm in need of some advice. I have a small leak on the front diff. Somewhere. What's the easiest way to get the lines that connect to the front end. Do you take off the tires, can you get in that way? I really don't want to drop the frontend out from the skidder. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks mike

timbco68

It's been awhile since I've worked on a 540b but I'm pretty sure that you can run the right wheel up on a stump and you will get room to take the hose or hoses off on the left side,top of the diff. I don't remember ever having to drop the axle housing to work on those. Might need some offset or crowsfoot wrenches to get them off. I know it ain't easy, not much on a Deere is.

Maine logger88

Yup like timco said just put one wheel up on something about 2ft tall that's plenty solid and you should be able to reach if you hold your mouth just right
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Skiddersally

Ok I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot for your help.

Nemologger

Yeah sounds like you blew an O-ring. You want to be real carefull when you get that tire up and the front is cocked sideways and your arm is in there...Don't let her roll man.
Clean and Sober

Thank You Sponsors!