iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Road Trip!

Started by Okrafarmer, February 22, 2014, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Well, here I go again, gang. Off into the wild multi-colored yonder in search of something. One Forestry Forum member knows to expect me on his doorstep within the next couple of days. I will travel (at some point) a reasonably sizable stretch of road I've never been on before, so I'm excited. If I don't come back by next week this time, I guess you can divvy up my stuff.  ;D

Just putting this here in case anybody's interested, OK?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Okrafarmer

And sorry, I won't really have much time to stop to talk along the way, although if you are privileged, persistent, or creative enough to have access to my phone number, you can call me to see if I'll be anywhere near you. Unfortunately for seeing old friends a second time, I won't be taking the path of the last road trip.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Magicman

OK, then that means that you will not be coming my way.  :-\  And to think of all of the good stuff I had planned.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LAZERDAN

Everythings a secret;  multicolored- your going east ?

Bill Gaiche

Who knows where he is headed? Guess I won't be watching out for him. bg

pineywoods

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on February 23, 2014, 01:19:37 PM
Who knows where he is headed? Guess I won't be watching out for him. bg

Bill, you might oughta keep an eye peeled. He is prone to sneaking up on you when you least expect  ;D
Have a good trip Jim
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bill Gaiche

Piney I am headed to Grand Lake, Co Wednesday anyway. So I would miss him. bg

thecfarm

Have fun on your road trip. On the divvy part,with my luck I would get the Moxie.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

hahahaha! I'm back again, with my prize! Bill-- if you had been home, you might have been surprised to learn I actually stepped into your state-- barely! Here's a picture of where I actually went, and who I actually saw-- briefly! Oh, and yes, that is the car I drove, but it isn't mine. Thankfully I only spent less than $150 in gas for the whole 1,800 mile trip, but you needn't think I'm turning into a greeny.  ;D

pineywoods

Ah Ha, think I guessed right, but I'll be quiet and not steal your joy... ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Magicman

:)  You found my long lost Friend. 

The last time I saw him he was not wearing bibs, but he was using this to hold his jeans up.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

I'm just guessing here...is that Paul Case?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

wwsjr

I have been in that old chicken house/sawmill shed. Last time I saw him we were working on an addition to the church where he was pastor. I shouldn't mention a need for ballast on a golf cart in South MS a few years ago but I will.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Magicman

According to Don K somebody's auditory comprehension was messed up.  I don't know about that, but I do know that he surely can eat chicken.   :D

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Bill Gaiche

Yip, I reconized that face and chicken house also. Matter of fact Paul sawed some 36" disc for a friend of mine. Yes he actually was almost to much ballast for a golf cart on a hill side. I thought we were going to turn over. MM you were to far ahead of us to see. 1800 miles in a stolen car and had not been stopped by the cops? Hope you had a good trip okra farmer. I was about 10 miles from his place the other day. Miss seeing the ole codger on here. bg

Okrafarmer

He said he's sorry not to have been on much lately, but then I'm sorry not to be on much lately either. So much life, so little time!

Angel and Linc and I got the engine on the sawmill today and started working the kinks out of it. We found it has no spark (much as Paul Case remembered) and Angel found that a key wire or two had been crushed, so he pulled the flywheel off to get at it. That's when the sun went down, and so tomorrow Angel plans to replace the appropriate wire and work on getting spark back to the spark plugs. Then we'll see whether the fuel pump and carburetor need work, looks like one or the other or both may need fixed, cleaned, or replaced, but the good news is-- I have these functional parts on my old engine.  ;D

Okrafarmer

Oh, about the bungee, I think Paul knew we were coming, and figured he'd have his picture taken, and-- well, you know, being a little conscientious about the bungee, he probably figured he'd change into something that didn't require the bungee to keep it up. Therefore, he disguised himself as Bibbyman. (I had thought about seeing if I could stop and see Bibbyman along the way, but we were running late as it was). I'm not sure where Bibbyman lives, but I sure did see a lot of sawmills along Route 60 in southern Mo.

drobertson

I figured you might have took 60,  you missed me by 5 miles,  wish I would have known, I would have liked to meet you, and you're right a pile of mills all over the place.    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

Sure is nice to see both you guys here again, hope everything works out and she purrs like a kitten!

Okrafarmer

We got the engine running today, but still working out issues with throttle linkage, carburetor, and/or (hope not) governor.

Peter Drouin

Let me get this right, you went 1800+ miles to get a use engine out of a chicken coop that needs work for your mill? What happen to old one?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

And it looked like he was driving a Yugo.    :o  :D

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 28, 2014, 06:34:49 AM
Let me get this right, you went 1800+ miles to get a use engine out of a chicken coop that needs work for your mill? What happen to old one?

Old one lost compression in one cylinder, was blowing oil out the air cleaner. The valves were also about to go, and the exhaust manifold bolt holes were stripped, meaning it was porting right out of the head past the pipe.

Ga Mtn Man

$150 worth of gas for an engine that runs sounds like a pretty good deal to me. smiley_thumbsup
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Thank You Sponsors!