iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

575XP worries

Started by Redbark, February 22, 2014, 11:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbark

Being new here, I apologize if this topic as been covered, but I  just returned form the NYS farm show and the Husky rep. informed me that the 575xp was replace(with576xp) soon after it came out with crank shaft defects. I've had the saw now for about 5yrs. and love it but wondering if this is something I'm going to have to deal with soon. Has Husky found a way to address this defect? Thanks, Redbark

JohnG28

I can't help you out in regards to crank issues,  but running more oil and tuning the saw for the mix you use should help. I have heard of newer 372xt's I think it was having crank issues and guys running 32:1 seem to not have had any problems. Hope it helps.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

tlandrum

the 575 had a problem with spinning the bearing in the case. other than that I don't remember anything being too bad.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Firewoodjoe

I have a early 575. Run the guts out if it for 8 years now. Good saw. 2 years ago bought a new one. Lasted two days cutting large oak. You could dump the piston out of the plug hole. And the new 372 I have not been happy with. Boggy terrible. It has maybe 200 hours on it. They've changed a good thing and there junk I feel. Ran 394s for years. Great saw!! Great!

ladylake

Most if not all new saws need tuning before running them, come set lean to get by EPA emissions.  Boggy comes from be set too lean.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Firewoodjoe

Well that's the dealers problem. It's under warranty and we don't touch them

Andyshine77

Quote from: Firewoodjoe on February 24, 2014, 07:19:16 AM
Well that's the dealers problem. It's under warranty and we don't touch them

That's like buying a new car, never changing the oil and expecting the manufacture to cover a blown engine under warranty. The carb needs to be tune to the environmental conditions at the time of use. This is also the reason your 372 isn't running well, it's likely lean on the low side, and likely the high.
Andre.

ladylake

I'd sure learn how to tune a saw and get rid of the limiter caps as some dealers don't. Yes you can take your seized saw back but to me it's better to tune them myself.  For sure after the warranty runs out.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Andyshine77

After you buy the saw, it's the owners responsibility to understand when the saw needs the carb tuned, whether you take it to the dealer or do it yourself. The saw will not be covered under warranty do to operator error. Now a good dealer will take the time and tune the saw rich and tell the costumer to bring it back after a few hours of run time. However most dealers are too lazy, don't care, or just plain incompetent to do any of the above. 
Andre.

Timberjack_395XP

I have both saws 372 never had any problems but bought it used then modded it before using it its an 2010 model give $375 for it also bought a 575 with a supposed bad crank never tried it just boxed for $20 since I got on here and read up before buying it local dealer said crank was like $120 bucks

Thank You Sponsors!