iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

540a winch problem

Started by ga jones, February 23, 2014, 08:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ga jones

I know we have talked about this before but I'm unsure of some of the issues. Once the winch gets warm it won't free spool. I know there's a screen that plugs on the right side. Is it inside a rectangular plate bolted to the bottom of the winch? Or in the side cover. That bottom plate is going to be hard to access. The winch has not been run for years. I've changed the oil and filter when I mounted it on my c4
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Maine logger88

My guess would be the break cylinder isn't getting enough pressure the winch on my 540b did the exact same thing it ended up being the winch control valve,I think the winches on the a was a little different as they had a pump inside them and the b ran off the front pump. On the b they need 1100 psi of pressure but they can't have a lot more than that or it will blow out the swivel fitting. It could be your valve or maybe the pump. Maybe something else just my 2 cents
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

ga jones

Ya this one is an internal pump. It worked great while it was real cold out. But it was 50f today and we were just skidding and it's short turns. So the winch was working alot.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Maine logger88

Ya if you can get a psi gauge you can hook it up and watch it over the day and see if it drops psi that's what I ended up having to do before I pulled my hair out haha
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!