iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lymes

Started by coxy, February 18, 2014, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

found out today my 17 year old girl has it shes been having trouble with here knee and the doc told here to get the test and came back positive  this really sucks feel so bad for her  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

thecfarm

That is not fair at all. Your luck over there in NY has to change.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

That is terrible.  A few weeks of antibiotics should knock it out.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

breederman

Sorry to hear that.  i just looked and you only live less than an hour from me . Seems like I end up getting a lymes test about once a year.
Together we got this !

21incher

I feel sorry for her. My wife and I used to live in Duchess County NY and both contracted Lyme disease. It hit us hard with swollen joints, high fever, and just plain aches and exhaustion. I was lucky that a couple of weeks on antibiotics helped me, but my wife had to repeat the treatment several times until she felt better. The bad thing about Lyme is it never really goes away even though you no longer test positive. The DEC /  Dutchess County Cooperative Extension decided that we lived in a high tick area and had 2 coeds do a study on our yard one summer. They would come and drag a white sheet across the edge of our backyard twice a week. Then they would collect all the ticks from the sheet and send them to be tested for Lyme. It was hard to believe that sometimes 1 drag across the yard yielded close to 100 ticks. When they were done and sent us a copy of the study it turned out that 80% of the ticks in our yard tested positive for Lyme disease and were able to spread it plus we had a extremely high tick count. We then moved upstate 7 years ago and have not encountered a tick yet.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

Quote from: 21incher on February 19, 2014, 06:32:58 PM
I feel sorry for her. My wife and I used to live in Duchess County NY and both contracted Lyme disease. It hit us hard with swollen joints, high fever, and just plain aches and exhaustion. I was lucky that a couple of weeks on antibiotics helped me, but my wife had to repeat the treatment several times until she felt better. The bad thing about Lyme is it never really goes away even though you no longer test positive. The DEC /  Dutchess County Cooperative Extension decided that we lived in a high tick area and had 2 coeds do a study on our yard one summer. They would come and drag a white sheet across the edge of our backyard twice a week. Then they would collect all the ticks from the sheet and send them to be tested for Lyme. It was hard to believe that sometimes 1 drag across the yard yielded close to 100 ticks. When they were done and sent us a copy of the study it turned out that 80% of the ticks in our yard tested positive for Lyme disease and were able to spread it plus we had a extremely high tick count. We then moved upstate 7 years ago and have not encountered a tick yet.
where did you live in duchess county I have family in millerton  and amenia  I think she my have got the tick on her where I was working it was loaded I am going next week to get tested

21incher

We lived in the town of Poughkeepsie near Pleasant Valley. It spread from Conn. so Amenia or Millerton would be likely places to contact it. The ticks seem to travel on deer and mice then hang out in tall grass and weeds around the edge of a mowed area. You don't always get the bull's-eye rash so if you feel like you are not just right you may want to get tested. I had to be tested twice before it showed up positive even with the rash.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

SwampDonkey

Only ticks I have ever seen is wood ticks. But none around where I live, all far off in distant lands.

I can imagine the lymes is pretty nasty.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

SD if you want we can give you some of those ticks  ;D :)

thecfarm

Poughkeepsie,the wife's son was dating a girl that went to CIA. I think that might be the next city? I was not close to any woods there. Poughkeepsie,best city I ever been in for shopping. Stores on the left of the major road and stores on the right. We did drive around some in old part,by the walking bridge that was a railroad bridge. Lots of people there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I think the cold up here does to deer ticks as it does to rattlers and alligators, keeps them in their place. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

ticks,they did not show up until 6-7-8 years ago. My FIL use to have a fit about bringing his dogs up here. He just KNEW they would get a tick way out in the country.  ::)  In his area they would found them on the dogs quite often.

21incher

Quote from: thecfarm on February 20, 2014, 01:10:16 PM
ticks,they did not show up until 6-7-8 years ago. My FIL use to have a fit about bringing his dogs up here. He just KNEW they would get a tick way out in the country.  ::)  In his area they would found them on the dogs quite often.
You have to watch dogs around ticks. We lost one to kidney failure from Lyme Disease caused by a tick and my sister-in-law had her dog get Rockey Mountain Fever from a tick bite.
Quote from: thecfarm on February 20, 2014, 09:42:55 AM
Poughkeepsie,the wife's son was dating a girl that went to CIA. I think that might be the next city? I was not close to any woods there. Poughkeepsie,best city I ever been in for shopping. Stores on the left of the major road and stores on the right. We did drive around some in old part,by the walking bridge that was a railroad bridge. Lots of people there.
You must have stayed on route 9. There are a lot of bad sections in that town you want to avoid. The CIA restaurants are a great place to eat but it takes months to get reservations sometimes. That bridge conversion was a great thing

coxy

small world when you get talking to people where they came from and where they have been  ;D ;D ;D ;D

timberlinetree

Wife and daughter have it from one bite ! I have been bit 9 times and nothing. Hope she gets better soon.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

coxy

I am going to get tested on Thursday  not looking forward to that  :(

chain

Think I had that Lyme's before there was a test. Some Doctors thought I had rheumatoid arthritis, others thought I had a severe sprain, then another thought I had some exotic disease from military days. Fever every day, aches and pains, and a swollen foot, knee. Lost a lot of weight, my niece, a nurse, came to visit, she thought I was dying.  :o Was on crutches then walked with a cane, took a year to get back to my normal foot size. That was in the early eighties. So far so good.

coxy

got my test back its good no lymes  ill get tested again in may

red oaks lumber

got bit last summer by the big wood tick, pulled it off and developed a baseball size dark red spot. didn't really think much of it. fast forward a few months and all my joints start aching, severe actually. it got to the point i wasn't able to raise my arms above my head without wincing in pain, could'nt sit for more than 10 minutes because of hip and back pain, severe.
jan. i went for a complete phyical, complete with blood work. tested me for 19 differant things including lymes and arthitis .
results came back i have psroiatic arthritas ..bad :(  so today i started taking something for it dr. hopes there isnt joint damage yet. i have appointment with a rumatolagist next month.
good news, all the other tests were good!
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

thecfarm

That is good news coxy.

DanG,red oak lumber,you're my age. You're way to young to have something like that.  :(  Just never know,do ya??

coxy

Quote from: red oaks lumber on March 12, 2014, 08:43:41 PM
got bit last summer by the big wood tick, pulled it off and developed a baseball size dark red spot. didn't really think much of it. fast forward a few months and all my joints start aching, severe actually. it got to the point i wasn't able to raise my arms above my head without wincing in pain, could'nt sit for more than 10 minutes because of hip and back pain, severe.
jan. i went for a complete phyical, complete with blood work. tested me for 19 differant things including lymes and arthitis .
results came back i have psroiatic arthritas ..bad :(  so today i started taking something for it dr. hopes there isnt joint damage yet. i have appointment with a rumatolagist next month.
good news, all the other tests were good!
is that from lymes  hope every thing gets better in time

red oaks lumber

mine isn't from lymes, kind of wish that it was tho.

drobertson

Hate to hear it redoaks, arthritis is just plain flat sucky, this is what caused my back surgery.   Not sure what's genetic, and what's caused by abusing our bodies when we were young.   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SwampDonkey

Abuse is probably 9/10th of it, only thing most of the abuse was work, not play. Of course that varies by individual. I guess if you work hard enough, there is no energy left for play.  Most of us have no union benefits to pay our way through health issues. Some that thought they did, but the company is long gone. ::)

red oaks lumber

no for me its been 14/10th of the abuse problems :) i'm strong like ox and smart like tractor :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!