iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Losing my mind !

Started by Tom, February 10, 2002, 07:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Man

Tom--  Bring em on--I've always been a shutter snaper myself.  Started with a  60 sec. Poloroid back in the 60's.  I bet pictures make the sale and cut down on the chatter with a prospective customer??   Has spring sprung in N. Florida yet??  Cypress Leafed yet??
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Texas Ranger

Rav, tell your assistant teacher to come south, we southren boys talk real slow.  Why, even our dogs run slow, in the summer, they kind of stroll after each other.  some summers you see the trees leaning in the direction of a dog, trying for some moisture. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

splinters

Tom, what seems to work for me, in Upstate NY, is to find a Library, go to the Literature Section and  read the old outdoor authors. Cory Ford and the like.  Takes me back to a place and time that I may never have been but I wish I were there now. Today seems to be designed for brainless yuppies. :P :P :P :P

splinters

sorry about 4postings. I'm new at this electronic stuff

Jeff

Welcome Splinters! No problem with the posts! We like to see 4 posts, but usually its better if they are different :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Hey Bud-Man,
Looky what we found when the white stuff melted ;D

Bud Man

Don  P  : Got em on my counter too.  Spring's coming!!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Frank_Pender

One of the things I have been known to do here on the Tree Farm when the mind begins to want to down grade or work in a very slugish manner is take a walk and enjoy the silence of the forest.  I like to listen for the trees growing and stretching for the sunlight, peeking through the clouds of Oregon.  In the Spring I will take flags on wire and mark the places where the Trilums are growing so that during non blooming times they are not disturbed.  Another item I like to flag is the Wild Orchards that grow in vast abundance.  In some places it is almost a yellow carptet of tassles bending to the forest floor.   The tranquility of it all is one of the most soothing things I have found since I stopped running 5 miles a day, 7 days a week, 25 years ago.  The pace changes with time and the time keeper changes too.  Learning to simply Be is a fine learning objective that one can set for themselves.   " Whose woods theses are I think I know,   his house is in the village though,   He'll not mind me stopping to watch his woods fill up with snow....    But I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep,  and miles to go before I sleep.  Thank you for Being, Tom.  Continue that venue and all the world is yours.  ;)
Frank Pender

Gordon

Who could ask for an easier winter. Today was working outside in a tee shirt and loving every minute of it. The weather experts say it's going to rain some tonight but be nice again tomorrow. Hope they are right getting alot of clean up done and out of the way.

Went for a walk today and the worst of things happened. I had a disc in the camera that I havne't used before and it was a bad disc. Of course it was the only one that I had. My mistake. Whats even worse the other day I dropped a disc and broke it. Not my week for discs and the camera. Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Gordon

Bud Man

Frank=Ditto !=Fortunate Are Those That Enjoy The Journey"

L. Wakefield

Yes.. we have a big thaw right now and rain coming. We have 22" to make up, and I am praying the ground is porous enough at this point to soak it up instead of losing it as runoff. There are open spots enough in the snow cover- we just have to do the sponge thing. The well-drillers are saying there is essentially no frost in the ground so I'm hoping..  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Bud Man

Peaks and Valley's --Peaks and Valley's -- The Miss.- Valley got plus 20 inche's more than usual in the last year.  Go from one post to another , and one topic to another topic, and post to post within (hot or cold, wet or dry,feast or famine,etc.,etc,) == It's enough for anyone to lose their mind--But no one should be surffering bordom !!

swampwhiteoak

The state of Ohio was 99% of average last year and within a normal range this year.  Average is about 37 inches.  Some regions got over 50 inches and some as low as 28.  Wasn't all quite at the normal times of the year, though.

I don't like to taunt the weather gods, but knock on wood this winter sure has been nice so far.

Ron Wenrich

Wait 'til next week.  Our weather guru has been talking about next week being the coldest week of the winter.  Of course, that wouldn't take much.

But, it should be noted that he also promised extreme cold spells for December and January.  He even said that it would be one of the coldest Januarys in quite some time.  We'll see if he remains 3 for 3 or if he can actually get one right.   :D

But, the solar vortex is what did him in.  The sun is burning a little hotter, and that is what has caused a shift in the patterns.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Bud Man

I trust the Almanac better than any meterologist --when they started making 7 day forecasts, they might have just as well droped their pants cause all they did was show thier backsides and by dropping their pants they might have got better ratings !!

WoodchuckCanuck

Hi Tom,

For me, when I'm board out of my trees I usually lumber over to my stand of woodworking magazines and pick through the old issues. I find old articles and tips I've forgotten about or simply laugh at the advertisements on what was "new" 20 years ago.

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly about the radio and tv "trying" to do something called entertainment. Except for tonight's hockey game  ;D while I'm no hockey fan, that was an entertaining couple of hours.

Jim

Woodwork Safely,
Jim Barry
Gander, Newfoundland, Canada
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com

woodmills1

yes, i am also not a regular sports watcher, but that was some good hockey.  The USA team was pretty sloppy most of the time though that could be due to the canadians skill.  i have a new respect for goalies however.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Gordon

Best thing to do if you have a few free minutes is to go here

and add a couple of your favorite forestry links.  ;)

Gordon

Thank You Sponsors!