iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is your Favorite Leftover??

Started by Magicman, February 16, 2014, 06:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

That looks real good Bill.
We had Corned Beef on Rye Bread samiches for dinner last night. :)

SwampDonkey

The other 10 fresh blueberry muffins that survived when removed fresh from the oven. :D   8) Pecans sprinkled on top before cooking.  ;D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Cguignard

One word, Hash, Just looked at the left over corned beef and I am know that my wife will be making homemade corned beef hash in the morning.  Might have a few leftover baked beans to go with it. Can't for get to add a fried egg or 2.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Magicman on March 20, 2014, 02:44:57 PM
Looks good.

In addition to Corned Beef, I'll have to add Sauerkraut to my list of stuff that I have never eaten.

How is that possible? :o  What do you eat on St Patty's day?

Is corned beef sold over there? I love a good rueben sammy!

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

Me too Bill. That's why I was interested in your cassarole.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

StimW

My favorite would be MEATLOAF!!
I make about 6 lbs in two loaves, eat about 1 lb, save about 2 lbs in the fridge for the next couple days and slice and portion wrap the rest in tin foil and freeze it.
I can have a meatloaf sandwich or dinner after 2 minutes in the microwave weeks later.

Sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and hotdogs! LOTS OF BUTTER. (no buns) That will fill you up on a cold day.

Hard times call for fried potatoes. I was contract hauling in the mid 70's and going broke, that covered many meals.
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

sawguy21

A lot of us found ways to make food stretch when times were tough. ::) MM you are leading a sheltered life, no corned beef or kraut. What is this? :D Good kraut can be pretty strong, it generally needs to be rinsed before serving. Try it warmed with bratwurst or pork hocks and a grainy mustard. YUMMM.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Corn beef,only had it a couple times. Did not like it. Maybe because it has corn in it.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

Us northerners are safe, no corn in it. ;D It is actually beef cured with 'corns' of salt. Get it fresh from a good deli, you might change your mind.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

luvmexfood

I once read that true corned beef came from a steer or heifer that was kept confined and given very little water and plenty of corn and that it was illegal to produce in the US because it was considered animal cruelity. But watching the Food Network that must not be true.

And Kiddo'es on whoever mentioned Sour Kraut with Sausage. Yum. Just got to have plenty of water afterwords. Even red Kraut was very good for you digestive tract. Seems like the bacteria in it keeps the old digestive tract supplied with good bacteria.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

LeeB

Try chunking up some taters in your sausage and kraut. Lindy also puts brown sugar in it to knock back a little on the sour bite. Lot's of black pepper. Good stuff when made with a nice spicy sausage. Usually ain't no leftovers though.
(Yes, I know that's a double negative, but I'm a redneck. Might as well type like I talk. :D)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

Quote from: LeeB on March 26, 2014, 03:34:42 AM
Try chunking up some taters in your sausage and kraut. Lindy also puts brown sugar in it to knock back a little on the sour bite. Lot's of black pepper. Good stuff when made with a nice spicy sausage. Usually ain't no leftovers though.
(Yes, I know that's a double negative, but I'm a redneck. Might as well type like I talk. :D)

And a pinch of caraway seed.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

But there was none left over.  Pat and I just enjoyed another Pastie that we bought in Harrison, MI after the Pig Roast and brought home frozen.

We brought back a dozen which is all that our RV refrigerator will hold.   food6 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Alcranb

Look familiar Raider Bill? Didn't have any caraway seed but ummm ummmm good! Thanks for the recipe. 
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

SwampDonkey

Why not just shove it through the screen onto my desk. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Firewoodjoe

This is my favorite everytging! Left overs , breakfast ,lunch and dinner. And it's what I make when the wife is gone. 

Firewoodjoe

Well the beer is only after dinner and it's tater tot casserole

Gregg Huffman

Looks good!

I get stuck making supper sometimes too, care to post the recipe?

Firewoodjoe

Kinda just thrown together. First fry up 1lb or so of burger. Drain it and put that in the bottom of a 9x13. Pour one large can of cream of mushroom soup over it. I like green beans and corn on top of that and the rest of the soup on top of that. Then heep it up with tater tots. Bake it for 25-30 min and put the cheese on just in time for it to melt. I add seasoning and veggies deepeneding on what I have or feel like. It's realy whatever u want. Good though

coxy

I have a few  1 cold whoppers 2 cold pizza with blue cheese 3 wormed up home made mac&cheese wife just cant make it like my mother :( but I don't tell her that ;D

Firewoodjoe

Your a smart man coxy. I'm new to marriage but learning quick!!

pappy19

Left over chicken fried elk steaks on fresh sourdough bread with a little mayo and a slice of onion. It rocks.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!