iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

clark ranger paint job!

Started by RKH Logging, February 16, 2014, 06:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKH Logging

yea i played around with it last night. stil could not get any movement unless it was all the way out and when i drive the machine it seems real fast. went to climb a snowbank and it wouldent. wont brake the tires lose either on snow.

treeslayer2003

try moving the plunger while the engine is running but with trans in neutral.

rockwall

I usually just put my high/low lever in high and then lift up on Travel/work lever to put in Travel so I can Take the floorboard out to check Tranny and hydraulic fluid. When I'm done I just push lever back down into work mode.

RKH Logging

Tried with it running and with it off. Also tried with the trans in gear stil nothing.  Maybe next time someones around the same machine they can take a look at the back of the trans and see which postition thier plunger is in when in work mode.. also both steering cylenders leak a bit whats the normal rule on these should I fix them or let them be,  I'd guess about a liter a day between the both of them. 

treeslayer2003

I will look at mine tomorrow. that's quite a leak....it will get worse.

rockwall

Here is my travel gear in work mode, my Clark tranny is a 2420

RKH Logging

Thanks rockwall. Guess ill be heading back to the shop in the morning and try to get it in work mode..

RKH Logging

Treeslayer2003 do you suggest take them off and get them fixed or just buy new?

nhlogga

Quote from: RKH Logging on February 17, 2014, 05:36:58 PM
here is those pics of where that lever use to be and another pic of where it hooked on the trans. the machine only drives when that plunger on the bottom of the trans is pulled out.  any ideas if that would be the travel mode or work?

According to my 664C manual:
low range + w = 1st
low range + t = 2nd
hi range + w = 3rd
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

nhlogga

How many gallons of paint did you use? Looks super!
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

RKH Logging

it took 2.5 gallons of yellow and half a gallon of black. the color is safety yellow. ill prob never paint another piece of equipment in my life i hated doing it. just could not justify paying $3500 to have someone do it. rather do mechanical work any day of the week, or be out cutting.

nhlogga

I painted a 665D once for a guy I used to work for. Sprayed it. It had more runs than Babe Ruth. Mud covered those runs up nicely.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

treeslayer2003

Quote from: RKH Logging on February 18, 2014, 06:24:45 PM
Treeslayer2003 do you suggest take them off and get them fixed or just buy new?
get the packing kits, you can repack your self.
I thought all the way in was work but couldn't remember.

RKH Logging

Im back at the garage today. i started playing with the plunger it pulls back into travel mode no problem from neutral but i cant get it to go all the way in to work. i made up a rod to go in the end of the plunger so i can work it back and forth from the side of the machine but still got nothing. it goes into neutral easy from travel, and when i try to push it all the way in it just bounces back to neutral its not going all the way in. ive tryed putting it in with the other gear selectors in every different combination and still nothing. i tried with it running and with it off. i also tried rowtating the plunger back and forth when trying to push in at the same time. i called the guy who use to own the machine and when the motor blew up they put it in the neutral postion to push it on the float to get it to the shop. and now i cant get it back in work. once its in im good i dont plan on using this travel feature. any other sugestions would be great. i hope i dont got to take this trans out. >:(

RKH Logging

I Got It In!!! i put a pipe wrench on the rear drive shat and spun it back and forth well pushing on the plunger and she poped right in.. thanks for all the help guys!! Now she climbs the snowbank.

rockwall

Excellent! A huge triumph! I think you'll be all set, I can't see it popping out. Just so you know on mine there is quite a rod and linkage so that must make a lot of leverage.

thecfarm

That's makes you feel good,don't it?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

treeslayer2003

Quote from: RKH Logging on February 19, 2014, 11:58:55 AM
I Got It In!!! i put a pipe wrench on the rear drive shat and spun it back and forth well pushing on the plunger and she poped right in.. thanks for all the help guys!! Now she climbs the snowbank.
good deal! I thought it would go, ya just had to get forcefull lol. I am pretty sure that is not a valve, it just moves a gear. that is why it went in when you moved the shaft.

Ed_K

"Now she climbs the snow bank"  That made me smile  8) glad you got it.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!