iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Screen Doors

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 15, 2014, 08:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

I was just going to make that recollection about the days before the label of corporate 'convenience stores', but the little old lady that ran a community store out in the country, with a roofed in porch. Many a screen door had a push bar advertizing soda or some candy company or worst cigarettes. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

There were a lot of push bars with BREAD and Cigarette adds also.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Don_Papenburg

I have a Colonial Bread push bar .There were kick panels for the bottom of the door also with advertisments
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on February 20, 2014, 09:42:17 PM
I have a Colonial Bread push bar .There were kick panels for the bottom of the door also with advertisments

I did not know that. Thanks.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Knowing it was going on Dave's house and his sense of humor, I could have a lot of fun with what I engraved on that push bar. I am laughing just thinking about the possibilities. :D

"Everyone brings Joy to our lives...some when they come, others when they go !"

"When I grow up, I want to be like Magicman"

" Beam me up Scotty, there is no sense searching inside this house"

" A nice lady and an Old Fart Live here"

"Friends Welcome, Family by Apointment"

"Enter at Own Risk...Really I mean it!"

"If the door is a Rockin, don't come a Knockin"
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

jamesamd

A Young fellow at work,made this door for His MIL ;)

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I like it!!!!!
Good imagination.
Thanks for sharing James.

SwampDonkey

That's very nice James. He did a fine job of it. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Farmerjw

James is that cut out of a sheet of plywood?  Then maybe rout a groove for the screen and rubber to go in?
Premier Bovine Scatologist

bandit11208

Door I built on my wash house in Northern Mn.

Woodland mills Hm126, Sthil MS461, MS261, MS250, MS180, 1949 Ford 8n, Ariens 27 ton splitter.

thecfarm

The door looks good. Wash house?  Showers??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandit11208

When I bought the property they had a 42' by 54' pole barn built in a clearing and a well drilled. I built a 18' by 18' enclosed area in a backcorner of the pole barn and this wash house down were they drilled the well. Wash house has a pressure tank, on demand hot water heater, shower, sink, cabinets and a composting toilet. Most of the comforts of home. Also built a bar with TV, fridge, stove and pizza oven in other corner of pole barn. Everything a guy needs.   ;D
Woodland mills Hm126, Sthil MS461, MS261, MS250, MS180, 1949 Ford 8n, Ariens 27 ton splitter.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Eat pizza, watch TV, while sitting on the throne. :D

bandit11208

Everyone needs a sawmill..... 8)

jamesamd

Quote from: Farmerjw on March 10, 2014, 12:54:01 AM
James is that cut out of a sheet of plywood?  Then maybe rout a groove for the screen and rubber to go in?
It's what I'm told.:D

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Thank You Sponsors!