The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Have you ever?  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Southside logger

• Senior Member x2
  • Logging so I can afford to farm.
Re: Have you ever?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 10:18:01 pm »
Maine,  I did, he blew me off for a while, until he got a visit from the State Police, suddenly he paid up. 
'92 Franklin 170 grapple skidder
'92 Franklin 5000 wheeled buncher
Wicked Awesome Basset Hound * 2
JD 490D with 4 roller FabTek processer / hydraulic hose breaker
Hot wife
Wood Mizer LT35HDG25, Re-saw attachment
Official Member of the BBFC

Offline Maine logger88

• Senior Member x2
  • Don't force it get a bigger hammer
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2014, 10:28:14 pm »
Good I can't stand people who mess with someones equipment and there livelyhood
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Offline treechopper40

• Full Member x2
  • cut it skid it load it truck it
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 02:03:04 am »
I went to the woods one morning I was working on a big piece of state land with dirt roads and skid trails everywhere on my way into the job I seen skidder tracks going down the dirt road I thought must be another jobber is moving in to cut a job nope the tracks lead rate to my header and my skidder was gone so down the road I go following the tracks I found my skidder stuck in a swamp still running and nobody around when I got on the skidder I found a wallet beside the seat turns out it was one of the teachers kids from the school here in town I winched the skidder out took it back to my header walked back to my pick up needless to say by this time I was ready to kill and my morning was shot so I go to the school to see the kid and his dad I go into his classroom and tell him id like to speek with him and his son he tells me he doesn't have time I need to leave and come back with a scheduled appointment very rudely thinking I was there as a parent he was sitting at his desk I grabbed him by the tie and stood him up and showed him his kids wallet I told him you got 5 minutes to meet me in the parking lot with your son or when I come back it will be with the state troopers I went to my truck and waited pretty soon they both come out the kid tried to say he didn't do it I told him I found your wallet in my cab the kid was speechless I told him that he cost me about $700 in lost time and that I wanted to be paid or else I would press charges well his dad wrote me a check and I took the rest of the day off to cool down now when I see him or his dad they wont even look at me
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

Offline roger 4400

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 09:55:56 am »
Those Volvo are real strong awd, never thought they could pull a stucked skidder.... :D :D
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...

Offline repmma

• Full Member x2
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 10:22:34 am »
When I was about 13 or 14 a warden got stuck in our driveway which was at the end of a 1.7 mile long discontinued town road.  Dad offered him a tow out with our 1947 Marmon Herrington plow truck.  Sounded good to the warden until dad told me to hop in the truck and get the warden out of the driveway.  "He's not going to drive the truck is he!?"  "Only if you want a tow otherwise well go back inside where its warm" was my dads response.  I think he even took the guys $20.  He doesn't really care much for wardens needless to say.
Thomas 8020, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 131 acres to manage.

Offline SliverPicker

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2014, 11:43:12 am »
Around here if a Volvo got stuck on my skid road I wouldn't tow him for $1000.  There's a ton of those Volvo, BMW and Mercedes drivers here.  If you tow them and there's damage to their vehicle it's the skidder guy who is going to pay.  I'd tell them to call a wrecker.  Not nice folks.
Yooper by trade.

Offline xalexjx

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 09:32:53 pm »
got a call the other night an older gentleman came up from the city and decided to take his side x side back on a private road snowmobiles had been riding on. He was about 2 miles from where it was plowed where he got off the packed trail and got stuck, he tried getting out but ended up burning up his tranny. Paid me to move the skidder (15 miles) and for 2 hours withe the skidder. Just to get it to the plowed road he has 500 bucks into it before he even fixes it. Probably regretting his afternoon ride.
Logging and Processed Firewood