iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Earth Quake

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 15, 2014, 10:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We had a 5.3 Earth Quake last night sending snow and ice sliding off roofs.
At first we felt the shaking and all the snow and ice sliding sounded like a train.

The news said it was felt from N.C. all the way into Georgia. Kinda spooky.

It was Valentines Day and the wife wanted fireworks for her special day.....I gave her an Earth Quake.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coxy

lucky  guys now you don't have to shovel snow off the roofs like I did this am ;D

SLawyer Dave

Everyone seems to think Earthquakes are a "West Coast" thing, (within the U.S.).  The  largest earthquake ever "discovered" in the U.S., (ancient), was in the New Madrid Fault Zone along the Mississippi River and is estimated at over 10 on the Richter Scale.  Studies have shown that parts of the Mississippi River Valley raised 10' almost instantly and changed the course of the river.

clww

They are quite a surprise here on the East Coast. We had one here in VA a few years ago. Scared me.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Busy Beaver Lumber

Dave

If she was expecting an earthquake pegging the scale at 10 on the ricter scale, then she must have been disappointed with your feeble 5.3 tremor. Must try harder dadgum you, Charlie!
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Alcranb

We had a "small" 2.3 earth quake Wednesday evening. The epicenter was said to be 5 miles from home. I was feeding the wood stove in the cellar when it struck. Felt like a semi hit the house. When I came upstairs the wife said "what did you do now?" Geesh!!  :-\
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

beenthere

QuoteFelt like a semi hit the house. When I came upstairs the wife said "what did you do now?"

:D :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tree-farmer

Felt it here in mountains of Henderson County NC.[South west end of state] Just going to bed when it rumbled through, we get them here now and then. They just rattle the plates and scare the cats. These are old mountain but the still shift from time to time.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

julio

It was just 25 or 30 miles from my house were it happen in egdefeild sc it really shoc
k here
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: Alcranb on February 15, 2014, 02:23:51 PM
When I came upstairs the wife said "what did you do now?" Geesh!!  :-\

Isn't it funny how we are always the first one they blame, even if we had nothing at all to do with the situation.. :D
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!