iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2260 Jonsered

Started by David-L, February 13, 2014, 06:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Looking for some feedback from someone who has time running this new model 2260 Jonsered in the woods cutting timber.. Is it a good starter, any issues i should be aware of. My saw shop says it's got lots of power and is just as quick as some of the bigger Jonsereds. I am a little cautious about the new auto-tune stuff and would appreciate some thoughts on this model.

Thanks David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Maine logger88

David I have never run a 2260 but I love my 562xp good power light and awesome throttle response the rev boost is great for limbing
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

nhlogga

Quote from: David-L on February 13, 2014, 06:09:04 AM
Looking for some feedback from someone who has time running this new model 2260 Jonsered in the woods cutting timber.. Is it a good starter, any issues i should be aware of. My saw shop says it's got lots of power and is just as quick as some of the bigger Jonsereds. I am a little cautious about the new auto-tune stuff and would appreciate some thoughts on this model.

Thanks David l

I have both a Husky 562xp and a Jonsered 2260 and have had no problems with either saw. They have lots of power and are the smoothest saws I have ever owned.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

David-L

thanks for the reply, does the 2260 start well in all temps.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

SawTroll

Quote from: Maine logger88 on February 13, 2014, 07:00:51 PM
David I have never run a 2260 but I love my 562xp good power light and awesome throttle response the rev boost is great for limbing

The 2260 is lighter, as it is the red version of the 560xp, not the 562xp. It has the small bar mount, and a lower air filter and top cover.  :)

Imo, the downside with the red version is the (lack of) handlebar angle.
Information collector.

Oliver1655

While I would consider the straighter handle a plus. I have both Jonsered & Husqvarna saws & am happy with them.
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

nhlogga

My 2260 starts very well in the cold temps.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

Thank You Sponsors!