iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So glad to be starting on a new job

Started by Birchwood Logging, February 12, 2014, 07:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birchwood Logging

Finished up a job today for the past week I have been doing reclamation work water baring the roads and sowen 500 pounds of grass seed I got all my equipment moved today before the snow hit. I will be glad to get back in some good wood making some money it's been rough this winter I will post some pics tomorrow
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

Corley5

I hear you on starting a new job.  If everything holds together I'm moving up the road next week to new job with some pretty decent sawtimber.  We've been in too much pulp lately with too many costly repairs.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

lynde37avery

im just picking up the pace my self too. instead of a load a week i am nailing 1 and 1/2 loads of production a week.
i have survived the winter on about a $250 weekly income. and a few hundred extra on some firewood cut/split orders.
Detroit WHAT?

timberlinetree

Diesel fuel prices and break downs have been bad(got showered twice with diesel when fuel line broke  very scary trying to get back to the landing with engine smoking thought I was going to ignite)but the ground is froozen soild so that's real good.seems to be tuff to make ends meet know matter how hard we work but atleast there is work. No problem getting rid of low grade but hard to make a buck with just a cable skidder cutting that stufff. I have heard guys in Russia have had it bad. I sometimes know how they feel.good luck!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

lumberjack48

When a guys moving to a new job with better timber, you get a feeling inside that only a logger would know. I never got much sleep the night before i started, i made sure everything was ready to go about four times :D
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Autocar

:D :D :D Lumberjack 48 hit the nail right on the head many nights I layed in bed playing over and over in my mind how I was going to lay the job out and which tree was the first to meet my saw.
Bill

Birchwood Logging

I had that felling went to bed at 9 woke up at 1 am could not go back to sleep my mind going 100 mph on what to start doing on the new job looked out side to find a fresh coating of 10 inches of snow that's my luck so no work today
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

treechopper40

yup winter has been tough in northern ny to lots of below zero weather rain and ice lots of snow too we got a foot last nite went to the woods this morning and started the skidder on my 2nd hitch lost a clevis in the back tire chain and walked that off the tire well fixed that and finished the day in a blizzard I had 78 trees at 3 oclock and called it quits now im home sitting by the wood fire
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

Birchwood Logging

Sounds like you did not have to bad of production 78 trees that's pretty good I pulled about 25 trees today around 5k feet had to cut skid roads in today though gonna work tomorrow and see what we can get done

Kemper

Didn't you promise us some photos?

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on February 14, 2014, 10:00:18 PM
Sounds like you did not have to bad of production 78 trees that's pretty good I pulled about 25 trees today around 5k feet had to cut skid roads in today though gonna work tomorrow and see what we can get done

clww

I understand completely. ;)
We finished up work on Friday early in the afternoon. Starting a new site next week, too.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Birchwood Logging

I got a better price on this track of timber I've got it for 30 percent last job was 40 percent that was killing me on my low grade stuff I know it's only 10 percent but that buys my fuel. I will try and get some pics tomorrow if my wife will let me use her phone

David-L

Nice to start a job where I think I might make some money. Snow was 3 ' in the woods and at least i am cutting big stuff and it dosen't get lost in the snow. Skidder got a workout even after tracking it up yesterday. Loving that 16" bar, have been doing everything with it, and on the 2159 Johnny it screams.

David l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Birchwood Logging

Finally got a few pics of one of the days loads we are working our way back in to some bigger timber 

Birchwood Logging

Some nice looking stuff your cutting there what are you cutting pine and mixed hard wood. We went from 24 inch bars to 20 inch bars I like the extra power it gives and a lot easer to sharpen. We cut a 40 plus inch red oak today with it no problem.

David-L

Eastern white pine, First time running a 16" bar for chopping and it went just fine. the landing saw is a 24". limbing with the 16"also and was real nice running a saw that was light all day. Usually run 18 and 20" bars on everything.some of this pine is nice, 3 and 4 clear faces at 16'. Should bring decent $ next payday. Slow going though with this much snow.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Dave Shepard

David-L, are you selling to a local mill, or is it heading North of the border?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Birchwood Logging

Had a heat wave today got up in the 60s worked by my self today pulled out a good load of poplar and redoak I cut pulled bucked and loaded this in half a day 

bigred1951

I know im loving this heat wave ill be sad to see it go. Good looking load of logs. Cant wait till i can get out and start logging myself

Birchwood Logging

bigred1951

i would love to actually but your about 2 hours away i think and it would have to be a teusday or wednesday because those are my days off from work. Then i would have to get the ok from the woman

Maine logger88

Good looking logs! What do you load with?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Birchwood Logging

I load with a John deere 450c track loader 

Kemper

It's so wet here no one is working.

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on February 19, 2014, 07:40:23 PM
Had a heat wave today got up in the 60s worked by my self today pulled out a good load of poplar and redoak I cut pulled bucked and loaded this in half a day 

Thank You Sponsors!