iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Artifact Display Cases

Started by WDH, February 11, 2014, 08:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

I had a customer that wanted eight display cases to house his collection of Native American projectile points.  I made them from black walnut that I had left over from other projects.  They are 12" wide x 18" long x 3" deep, and the top has glass so that you can view the contents of the cases.  I routed some beads on the top frame that holds the glass to give them some shadow lines.  The inside is rigid foam covered in black felt.  Not the best quality photo, but you get the idea. 

I made one huge mistake.......I should have kept them for myself  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Pretty slick Danny.....I know this was time consuming, but it turned out nice!
$300.00 ?  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

$300 each ???.  I wish.  I did sell them too cheap.  Why do I always do that  :-\. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on February 11, 2014, 09:07:44 PM
Why do I always do that  :-\.

Because you are an Artifact  just a nice guy.  :)

isawlogs

You need to get Poston to do the racketering marketering for you, you could be retiring again soon.  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Texas Ranger

Looking good, pard, we seem to under sell our work, but there is that joy of creating something.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

julio

you need to find suckers not clients  8) :D
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WDH, do these have hangers on the back or do they lay flat?

Mooseherder

He must have one huge collection.  Very nice work. :)

thecfarm

What you lack in photo skills,you made up in woodworking skills.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

They look great. Maybe a pic or two in the future with the points showing.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Very nice.  Need more Walnut??   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

The golden rectangle is always nice to look at.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

Marcell,

You are a stylish man  ;D.

They are made to lay flat.  I also have an extensive collection of artifacts, but I do not have any artifact display cases.  Maybe I can get somebody here to make me some  :D.

BTW, I have one less projectile point in my collection.  Jeff used it in building my website  ;D.

21incher

Very nice job. Would love to see a picture with the projectiles placed in their new home.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

Well, I will have to make some more then.  These are gone on to their new home.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: WDH on February 12, 2014, 07:56:33 AM
...  I also have an extensive collection of artifacts, but I do not have any artifact display cases.  Maybe I can get somebody here to make me some  :D.

Poston will do it. And as a special favor he'll only charge $299.99 per case.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Herb

Red Good

Those are very nice looking . You should be proud . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Bill Gaiche

Magicman

I need some cases too.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice heads Magic. Not chipped up like our field heads.

There used to be an old Timer that had a farm 5 miles from us. He showed us an old Indian camp that was close to a big creek on his farm.
There was a certain place he called an "Aw S--t circle. He had picked up 100's of arrowhead pieces.
He said, in this camp, this was the place where they actually made the arrowheads. When they would attempt to make a new head, sometimes they would break one or mess one up some how. The Indians would just throw it 10 foot or so and say...."Aw S--t!" and attempt to make another one. He also found some pottery pieces.
This was about 40 years ago.

Texas Ranger

We had those stone circles in my grand dads fields.  I would walk behind the plow and pick them up.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

thecfarm

The only thing I use to pick up behind a plow was rocks. Or worms if going fishing.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

MM,

I cringe to see those points loose in that butter container.  They can chip very easily when they get jostled around with each other or they get stirred up  :-\. 

You need some cases, bad.  I would hit Dodgy Loner up for some cases.  He owes you  :).

thecfarm

WDH,The cobblers kids always go bare footed.
I was hired on a job to help finish the carpenters house.

Thank You Sponsors!