iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Whatzit

Started by Chuck White, February 11, 2014, 09:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

To my surprise, 3:15AM today my wife leans over and whispers "Chuck, Listen".

I waited and waited, then I hear the furnace ducting banging a couple of times, then quiet.

Twenty minutes later, more banging, then quiet again!

This went on a few times, then I had to investigate.

Well I new I needed help, so I called my brother and he got here about 1/2 hour later and I explained what was going on!

We went down stairs and proceded to tear the hot plenum off of the furnace.  NOTE:  Did I mention we smelled hair burning?

Got the plenum off and shined down in there and there it was!

Whatzit?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

jueston

drobertson

seems it had to be a nocturnal creature, coon?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sandhills

You found Jimmy Hoffa!  ;D, just kidding my bets on a squirrel too.

Chuck White

Missed, bigger than a mouse or squirrel and smaller than a "coon"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

Magicman

Yup, my bet was also on a possum.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Nope, not a 'possum!  Although we do have a few 'possum's here!

Hint: The critter is mostly nocturnal, although they can often be seen during the day!

sandhills

OK, now I gotta keep guessing, how about a cat?

pigman

A cat.

Sandhills beat me to that one.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

POC

And that's all I have to say about that,
Patrick

Crow99

ND rancher

How about a fisher or martin?
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Dave Shepard

I'm betting it was at least partially dehaired. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Crow99

And if it had been a skunk, you wouldn't have smelled "hair" burning, and you and your wife would have been looking at moving in with your brother for about two weeks while your house aired out.   

Autocar

How about a owl wearing a fur coat  :D ?
Bill

thecfarm

Chunk has left the building  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Not a Cat, Fisher,Martin, Weasel, or SKUNK!

HINT: They're brown, "mostly" and they're common around the yard and in swampy areas, they eat grass and similar things!

Dave Shepard

How did Bambi get stuck in your furnace? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Shotgun

Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

thecfarm

mole,
muskrat

I don't think a wood chunk would be out in this weather, Too cold.

Chuck White

Nope!

Not a woodchuck, woodchunk  ;D, Bambi, mole or muskrat.

Hint:  Over time, critters have chewed a hole(s) in a flexible heating duct that extends through a crawl space to run to the back bedroom, and this critter must have figured "what a nice warm place", and one thing lead to another!

Dave Shepard

Thank You Sponsors!