iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solar Furnace

Started by SwampDonkey, February 11, 2014, 06:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/fredericton-man-builds-300-solar-furnace-decreases-heating-bill-1.2527065

Just $300, from soda cans, aluminum eavestrough downspouts and an old double-pane window. ;)

I not a new concept, apparently there are a couple manufacturers here in the Maritimes doing similar things. But this guy is getting a lot of attention over the phone and internet.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Hilltop366

That interesting.

I wonder why he adds the aluminium cans in the down spout, it seems to me it would reduce the  solar heating effect on the air in side the down spout.

Autocar

I saw a house in Alberta that had a 35,000 gallion water storage under the house they had solar panels faceing the low sun in the winter time which heated the water and that heated there house.
Bill

SwampDonkey

It got hot enough to bust the window pains until he added a fan to move the air through. And this is winter. Probably need a thermostat to be more efficient.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!