iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just skiting [a bit]

Started by woodyone.john, February 11, 2014, 01:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodyone.john

Go to my website, then click on history to see the big tree that came off out place back in the '50s. Not many of them around no more. I'm prompted to do this because I spent most of today ripping 2 Euc salignas in 1/2 to fit on  the woodmizer for sawing starting tomorrow.At 1.3 meters through they are small beers but the rip length was 7 meters and 11 metres. Plenty of sawdust for a hot day. I may have to trim the butts a bit more to make them millable.The client want 300x300 post and lintels. Needless to say they will be off loaded by front end loader with a green density of about 1.2 tonnes /cubic metre. cheers john
Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

woodyone.john

So can some body explain how to get photos of a clever phone to my gallery easily.Dont presume I know anything I'm quite electronically challenged. cheers john

beenthere

Are you on the "clever phone" and on the Forum ?? 

ok, edit. I see you already have your gallery, and even the gallery icon.

If so, seems I recall something about clicking below (far down) on Full Forum or something on that order when using a phone.
Or send them to your computer if that is how you loaded them before. ;)
Let us know if anything trips you up or you need a lift.  Will be glad to help you get your pics to post here.

Now help me out... what is "skiting"  ??   same as skating? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodyone.john

Perhaps my spelling isn't to crash hot kiwi-ese [vernacular] for bragging. My phone is a samsung passed down to me by my son. He now has an I-thing. I can take photos and make calls but I'm in deep water with most of the rest.I can email the photos to my self, but dont know how to get them out of gmail attachments to go further. And I'm busy at the moment which is also good but will have to wait a couple of days till I can focus on the gadjet stuff and catch up with the 'real' world. The phone to me is abit like the first couple of days when you get you new bandsaw and proceed to try and saw of dogs or bump the lift lever while your trying to saw. 2nd or third hand saw with no tuition. Thanks for the offer I'm sure I'll take you up on it,but right now I need to hit the hay.cheers

Ianab

OK, I've just had a play with my Samsung mini and managed to upload a pic. This was using Netscape browser and switching back to the full site. Then on the photo upload page switch to the Simple single file uploader. It only took about 5 X longer than on the PC....

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

OK, you can do it, but it's hard work....

I'll stick to the PC for any serious posting.

But I had a look at those old pics, and they are worth posting  8)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

John, easiest is probably to send them to Gmail. They will come through as an attachment to the email. You should be able to right click on that and "save as" to a folder on your PC. Once you have them there, then go to the photo upload page, browse to where you saved the pics, and upload them.

It's about a 3 step process, but it will probably be simpler than doing it from phone like I just did. The full Netscape browser is extra software that you have to install on your phone, so that make it more complicated.

Like I said, you can upload from an Android phone, but it's not straight forward. I might try on Lil's new S4 and see it it's easier on that.

Ian

brianb88

Wow that is a large tree.  Interesting story and pictures.
Measure twice, cut once

chopperdr47

Where's the tree? I clicked the camera icon and it took me to the gallery but I didn't see any of the pictures.
If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

Magicman

Quote from: woodyone.john on February 11, 2014, 01:13:07 AM
Go to my website, then click on history to see the big tree that came off out place back in the '50s. 
Hopefully he can add the pictures to his gallery.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JustinW_NZ

Show me the wood!  ;D

good to see others having fun with the big beasty Euc's :)

I made some 300*300 posts for someone over Christmas and just took the corners off a tad to make octagonal posts, they looked really good.
They look far better than just square blocks in my view anyway.

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

woodyone.john

photos are in my gallery. I dont know or cant figure out how to create a new gallery with the relevant name. any way lets if I can get the pix through to here

JustinW_NZ

Gear I run;

woodyone.john

was refused permission to load the in between photo ,it could be because I screwed up the process loading the 2nd 1 Nope still wont let me

JustinW_NZ

your getting them on there, so you are doing something right.

I've got a few of those to drop and mill coming up as well, looking forward to the challenge.

cheers
Justin
Gear I run;

chopperdr47

I just looked at your site and saw the story and pictures of the big Kauri. That was a massive tree. Very good read.
If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

woodyone.john

Heres the photo ,I hope' that was missing.

Thanks Ian

customsawyer

That is some nice chain sawing. Sawing form the top like is one of my least favorite ways, my back hurts just looking at the pics.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodyone.john

Jake we ,that is Craig, used a board for a guide.the saw is an 880 and the bar is 4 foot. Craigs day job is a shearer,hes not so tall so he dont have to bend as far : :)

customsawyer

I have done a little shearing and he can have that job too. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodyone.john

Thank You Sponsors!