iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron River,MI - Coldest spot on earth January 2014

Started by chet, February 10, 2014, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Global Temperature Report: January 2014 Upper Michigan was 'coldest' spot on the globe in January
Good thing I got lotsa  firewood.   :)

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/02/06/global-temperature-report-january-2014-upper-michigan-was-coldest-spot-on-the-globe-in-january/
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

drobertson

That is cold,  and have to ask, what is a Yooper?      david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sawguy21

A hamlet in Alberta had that honor as well this winter. Where is 'global warming' when we need it? A yooper lives in the UP, upper peninsula, of Michigan on da nort side of da bridge. A troll lives 'below da bridge', (south side).
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Quote from: drobertson on February 10, 2014, 03:18:46 PM
Oh COME ON! You have over 3000 posts on the Forestry Forum and you do not know what a yooper is??
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WmFritz

Quote from: Jeff on February 10, 2014, 03:55:51 PM
Quote from: drobertson on February 10, 2014, 03:18:46 PM
Oh COME ON! You have over 3000 posts on the Forestry Forum and you do not know what a yooper is??
I thought I saw David around here the last Yooper night.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

terry f

Thanks for the explanation sawguy, I see it but wasn't sure what it was.

drobertson

I've seen some yoopers! I've read of the yoopers, but was to embarrassed to ask til now, plus I have a very undiagnosed form of dyslexia, where tings get turned around verbally and oderwise,  may have built too many molds? tings get reversed allot that way,  and tanks for da explanation!  and da rashing, I do like to laugh,  plenty of medicine here on the forum :D     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

thecfarm

I read the link and just realized that some of the older french people that came to this area kinda talked a diffeant way too. That is all long gone now. These older peole was in thier 50's-60's when I was 10 years old.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roxie

I remember long ago, winning some contest here on the forum, and my prize was a phone call from a yooper.  Getting that call from Chet was one of the highlights of my forum experience.  Ranks right up there with eating grits next to DanG, and hugging Tom, and a Furby.   :)

Say when

drobertson

Well, I've had a good laugh, three for the day eh?  and I am now more educated than I was at noon,  just another reason I do like this forum!   sincere thanks,     david

Jeff

Quote from: Roxie on February 10, 2014, 05:18:33 PM
I remember long ago, winning some contest here on the forum, and my prize was a phone call from a yooper.  Getting that call from Chet was one of the highlights of my forum experience.  Ranks right up there with eating grits next to DanG, and hugging Tom, and a Furby.   :)

You hugged me once too.  :-\ ;)

Windy_Acres

And Ive been considering retiring up in the UP. I dont mind epic snow falls, but prolonged sub zero weather does wear on me, but Im probably only 3-5 degrees on average warmer where I am at now. Its been cold all winter.

pigman

Jeff, don't feel bad , I bet Roxie doesn't remember hugging me either. We must not have made much of an impression on her.  :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Roxie

You guys are so high on the list, you're understood!  Jeff, remember the earrings?   :D 
Say when

trapper

Jeff what do they call you spending time both sides of the bridge? :)
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Jeff

you gotta be born a yooper, and if you are not, hopefully one will make you his pet Troll. :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on February 11, 2014, 09:28:48 PM
you gotta be born a yooper, and if you are not, hopefully one will make you his pet Troll. :)

:D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

isawlogs

I didn't get a hug, I did though have g---s next ta DanG, shakin'hands wiff Tom, now them g---s sures not what all dem south comin' boys tellin' they is.  ::) Put some salt pepper and butter, tasted like I had a mouthfull of salt butter and pepper  :-\ :-X
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Cord-n-8R

Seems like a good time to insert the 'Yooper Creation Story'...

In da begginin' dere was nuttin'.
Den on da first day God created da U.P..
On da second day He created da partridge, da deer, da bear, da fish and da ducks.
On da third day He said "let dere be yoopers to roam da U.P.".
On da fourth day He created da udder world down below.
and on da fifth day He said "Let dere be Trolls to live in da world down below".
On da sixth day He created DA BRIDGE so da trolls would have a way to get to HEAVEN.
Den God looked down and saw it was all good,
and on da seventh day he went huntin'.

Thank You Sponsors!