iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It was a great idea at the time...

Started by LittleJohn, February 10, 2014, 01:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleJohn

In my spare time, I build cedar swings; and about 10 years ago the following story accured, (laughter may begin now)

So for several years we had been going out to the swamp to get white cedar, bring it back to the garage, peel (so it can dry) and build into swings.  Well after a few trips and a pile of bark as tall as the work bench, I had a great idea; peel the posts in the woods and leave the bark there.

This is where the story gets fun, so we loaded the back of the truck with peeled posts, probably 100-200 sticks. We take off a drive of about 1/2 mile, back to garage; apprently the whole thing is up hill, cause we are not 100 ft down the road, hit a small bump if anything and all the posts go shooting out the back.  So after we pick all the posts, and scrape off all the mud, we have to basically push the truck (hold the posts in place) and hope for a downhill section.  Needless to say, we peel in the garage and don't complain about bark piling up

thecfarm

Ever step on a big piece of that peeled bark? You are on the ground just about as fast as the logs came out of the truck.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

LittleJohn

sawguy21

:D Like trying to hang on to a greased pig.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

goose63

Turn the truck around and back up the hill move_it
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!