iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ultimate log homes

Started by Tom L, February 05, 2014, 09:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom L

anyone see the show on TV. they take a look at these massive log homes around the USA

one guy on the show last night had a woodmizer and cut all of the wood for the house and built it himself

took him 7 yrs and it is all red cedar and oak. they estimated the finished house at 4 million dollars

pretty cool show. and some outstanding houses

Raider Bill

Yep I watch it from time to time. I did see the episode you are talking about. Impressive.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

clww

I watch any show I catch about log cabins, or log mansions. Gotten a few ideas for our cabin. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sawmilllawyer

Yeah, saw the show. Impressive log homes, just do not think that I want or need anything that large.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

JohnG28

I have seen that show too. The house you are talking about was absolutely amazing, along with the rest of them. But the guy building that himself with his Woodmizer is pretty impressive.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

pine

Quote from: Tom L on February 05, 2014, 09:42:47 AM
anyone see the show on TV. they take a look at these massive log homes around the USA

one guy on the show last night had a woodmizer and cut all of the wood for the house and built it himself

took him 7 yrs and it is all red cedar and oak. they estimated the finished house at 4 million dollars

I have not heard of it.  What channel/station and is it called "Ultimate Log Homes" or something else?

Rockn H

anyone see the show on TV. they take a look at these massive log homes around the USA one guy on the show last night had a woodmizer and cut all of the wood for the house and built it himself took him 7 yrs and it is all red cedar and oak.

I saw that episode and the home was very impressive, but I almost spit out my coffee when they said he used a homemade mill to build it and then showed a woodmizer.  It reminded me of another post on here about the show "Alaska the last Frontier" where the producers called the Kilchers mill a "homemade" mill too.   I'm starting to wonder if a personal mill being commercially available is that hard for some people to grasp. ;D

coxy

Quote from: pine on February 08, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

I have not heard of it.  What channel/station and is it called "Ultimate Log Homes" or something else?
x2 on never hearing of it please do tell us :D

Mooseherder

I think the show is called Epic Log Homes.  It is on the Destination America channel.
The guy with the Woodmizer in the show has one of the 3-4 featured homes called Log Mahal in Texas.
I don't think it is a series but sure wish it was.  It's been on a few times but is the same episode.
Just checked to see if it on demand.  It isn't, but its says there are 2 episodes coming.  No dates were given.

coxy

thanks for the up date ;D ;D

Autocar

There way to big for our taste but I sure liked the one where the guy had big western red cedar logs on the entrance with the root flars. It didn't get any cooler then that look !
Bill

Stephen1

We are getting a show up here called Timber Kings, a log home builder from Brittish Columbia. A reality show, so it has its drawbacks, but very impressive builders for sure. They will dig the down around the rootball 6-8' so they have it as a flared bottom . They call them the family tree and it is usually place in the center position.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

oklalogdog

One is called "Epic Log Homes" and one is called "Luxurious Log Homes."  We have them both recorded and watch them like a religion or something.  Anyway - the guy who built his own log mansion from Red Cedar was from Texas I believe and as we saw on an episode a week or so ago, is now trying to sell it so he can build another.

There is another one now that I've been glued to called "Building Alaska" and this season has 3 different parties building their own log homes in Alaska.  Different methods and styles - very interesting - to me anyway.
Amateurs built the Ark - Professionals built the Titanic

TK 2000, TK 1220, Belsaw M14, John Deere 7610 with loader, Ford 9N.

oklalogdog

My wife informed me that there is another one called "Amazing Log Homes"  that we watch and record also.
Amateurs built the Ark - Professionals built the Titanic

TK 2000, TK 1220, Belsaw M14, John Deere 7610 with loader, Ford 9N.

pine

I have got to find the shows you guys are talking about.  Never even heard of the channels.

JoeB

Yea, BUTTTTTTT, $4 million, come on.
Unless it was built for the government...
I just saying....
Cheers!

jinxx4ever

and the 4 million, is only about the medium. Many run more.  there was one overlooking Jackson Hole I believe that was around 7 million. Some unbelievable homes.

Thank You Sponsors!