iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ugly walnut

Started by fishpimp, February 04, 2014, 10:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpimp

Picked up a couple of salvaged fence row walnuts today. Some were clear faced logs. But we all kno what was inside of them!!!!

...nothin but $$$
Lumber sold within few hours!!!
Woulda took more pix but was racing darkness. Callin for over 1" rain here tonight

Magicman

Nice woodgrain.  Congrats on the logs and the sale.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

mmartone

I though when you said fence row you were going to say there was barbed wire inside! Pretty wood instead.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

scully

That would be right up my alley ! I have a couple laying around that I hope to mill soon . I enjoy the sap wood contrast .
I bleed orange  .

dboyt

Nice score on the walnut.  Judging by the shape of the heartwood, you had some pretty gnarly logs to work with.  That was a great photo of the logs in the rear view mirror and the old barn out the windshield.  Very artistic!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Farmerjw

Man, you and Poston both have "pimp" wood!!  That is beautiful and no wonder it sold.  Fence row trees, that was a gamble, hope you bought some lottery tickets at the same time!
Premier Bovine Scatologist

fishpimp

Thanks fellas!!!
Fence row logs have their own markets!! Haha lo ball

drobertson

nice load and finish product! nice thing about walnut is it shows the iron very well.     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!