iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I hate spiders

Started by firecord, February 04, 2014, 06:59:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firecord

Was working with my son last week on a father son project.  We are building him his first vehicle.  The work area is located under some water oaks and covered in leaves. (i have a shop but it is 20 miles away at my country place) Long story short. Lying under the truck i got bit 3 times around the mid section.  It bothered me some but not much (being a man i thought i could walk it off). IM GOING TO THE DR TODAY!  Must have been a brown recluse. The centers of the bites are turning black and hurts like heck.  Lol Makes you wonder if being man'ly is worth it?  like i said i hate spiders. They sneak up on you!

Wellmud

I few years ago I did some work for a guy that was telling me about being bitten by a brown recluse and how sick it made him, a couple of years ago he was bitten a second time, he did not survive.
Woodmizer LT35 manual, Kubota L3130, Farmi 351, Stihl 029 super, 3 Logrite canthooks

sandhills

I hate them too!  My wife hates snakes, I hate spiders! Brown recluse aren't real common here but when someone does run into one it's no laughing matter, take care of yourself, I hope it wasn't one  :-\.

Rockn H

Sounds like you definitely need to see a doctor.   It sure sounds like a Brown Recluse.   Besides a Black Widow, other spiders make a zit at most.   I never worried about spiders until I started dealing with car junk yards back when I had a wrecker service.  I saw some really bad spider bites in those junk yards and heard about Brown Recluses for the first time.   Just as a rule of thumb, if it's black widow territory ( they like to be under or inside things)  it's also brown recluse territory.   

ely

shock the bites with a stun gun,or a lawn mower plug wire.

drobertson

They are not my favorite either, and you are right, they sneak up on you, I've seen some nasty bites, they are nothing to mess with, they can get real bad.     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Spider venom is some bad stuff.  I know a lady whose finger almost rotted off from a bite.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

Yikes!  Get to the doc and let us know what he says. 

trapper

Dont laugh at Elys reply.  It works.  It nuterlizes the venom.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

firecord

Luckly not a recluse. It is however infected, i guess ill live. Praise God

sandhills

Glad to hear that, I've only heard of a few recluse bites around here and nothing good about it, they said they were getting established here because of a few mild winters we had, this winter should take care of that if that actually was the case.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fat olde elf

All spiders have venom. My wife had a recluse encounter and fully recovered due to quick diagnosis and treatment. I routinely find and dispatch black widows especially in stacked lumber. Not to be messed with or ignored...........Say your prayers
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

clww

I've been bitten by both the recluse and black widow. Recluse was much worse, as parts start to rot off the body. I had a big hole in my leg for years. :(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

firecord

Ive been bit by a couple of snakes over the years, you know imediatly what it is.  Spiders sneak up and leave undetected. I am arachnephobic for sure. 

ReggieT

Quote from: firecord on February 04, 2014, 11:50:17 AM
Luckly not a recluse. It is however infected, i guess ill live. Praise God
AMEN!  PTL!

coxy

does the daddy long legs spider have the worst venom of all but they cant bite you because there mouth is to small  ???

sandhills

coxy, I have no idea but they sure stink when you step on them  ;D.  ely, now you have my curiousity up, mind expanding a little on why that works?

firecord

Ive heard that also. Some one should ask bing lol

Rockn H

Quote from: ely on February 04, 2014, 08:48:39 AM
shock the bites with a stun gun,or a lawn mower plug wire.

Let me start with  Firecord, I'm glad you're going to be ok.

Ely, I had a great uncle that would take the spark plug wire off a push mower and run a wire from it and wrap it around his knee.  Then give the pull cord a few good pulls.  He had bad knees and swore it helped them.... I think it just numbed them to the point he didn't know they were hurting. lol   That's interesting about the spider bites though.

Thank You Sponsors!