iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

logging for a mill

Started by br389, February 04, 2014, 06:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br389

I live in.cny and Iam thinking about logging for a mill and we haven't discussed a price per thousand but what would be a good price to cut and skid tree length hardwood? Thanks for the help

Mark K

I contract for one of the bigger mills. 150 per thousand is average for cut skid and buck. Been paid as high as 200 per thousand on state ground. Required to be TLC with comp and liability insurance.  That takes a pretty big chunk of your pay. I do alright though. Sitting here eating my lunch, must be the calm before the storm.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

lumberjack48

The last we logged in 1996 we got 44. dollars a thou, for pine and hardwood, YES, my skidder, saws and fuel.

When working alone i pulled 5 to 8 thou a day, with the wife we pulled 7 to 12 thou a day, and i thought i was making pretty good money :(
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Nemologger

Don't know if its good or not but I know a mill that pays 110 a thousand and they pay work comp
Clean and Sober

CX3

I'd have to have $150 a thousand and they better keep em hauled
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

MrTjack

They pay 120/1000bdf here for custom cutting.

Thank You Sponsors!