iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Didn't Mean To, Wasn't Going To Promised My D

Started by dail_h, June 07, 2004, 08:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

Iwasn't going to buy no stinking planer I didn't mean to buy no stinking planer, I even promised I wouldn't buy no stinking planer now,but.......... My buddy called this morning and asked, " Did you see the want adds in VA Piolotyesterday"
   " No ,I don't take the paper"
   " Did you see the add for the planer?"
   Don'tca just love it when they listen to you?
   " No didn't see no add for no planer."
   We meet for breakfast,kinda one of my little rewards for myself,he goes and snags this dudes paper
   "Here look"
   Yep,an add for a Grizzly 20in planer in like new condition $800. yeah right. When we finish breakfast he says," You gonna call 'bout the planer?'
   This guy's worse than a woman when he gets started.
   " It's probly gone already ,or junk, or a mistake. " I said.
   " If ya don't call ya won't know"
   I call the guy ,yep still there,3 years old,maybe 5 hours on it . We go look. Just like brand new!!!!!!! Chip hood,new set of knivesnflex hose,and one of them trashcan cyclone things.
   ALL IN MY GARAGE FOR $800,and mywife didn't even notice it the 5 times she walked by it tonight,and I ain't saying nothing
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Kevin_H.

sounds like you got a deal...Some days you just kinda fall into stuff like that.

Before my wife started helping out with the mill, I could buy a new pc of equiptment and by the time she seen it, it was already covered with saw dust and didnt look new any more.

Now that she helps out 2 or 3 days a week it is a little tougher to sneek stuff in the shop.

Ya might ought'a think about building something real quick for the wife using that new planer. just to kind'a cover your keester.  ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

dail_h

Yeah,I need to do something nice for the wife,despite all the guff I been giving her 'bout the mill, she's been real good about it once she found out the deal was going through.
   Ain't got nothing dry,'cept matbe some cedar,hafta poke around and see what I can find.
   Cut some 4x6s this morning to put the planer on,kinda skids with a little doghouse type thing so I can move it until I get The shelter built. I need to be two of me
      Volume Discount At ER

Stan

Sounds like your friend wanted a planer real bad. ::)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

dail_h

Yeah, I thought about that. He didn't want one bad enough to help with the $$$$$$$,but I'm sure he has something that needs planing
      Volume Discount At ER

Thank You Sponsors!