iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skid Road Video

Started by Woodboogah, February 02, 2014, 05:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

Tried to take a video with my phone.  Came out shaky.  My wife said it made her sick watching it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbd_hNdcEIQ
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Timbercruiser

Im happy she is running good again !!!!!!!!!!! :D

coxy

I am glad I don't have to look through that darn mash all day that would make me sick ;D ;D

thecfarm

Need better shocks on that skidder.  :D  Not like you are driving down I-95.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodboogah

Doesn't help I was trying to hold my phone and drive.  I'm used to the steel mesh, doesn't keep the heat in that well though.

coxy

Quote from: Woodboogah on February 03, 2014, 10:23:59 AM
Doesn't help I was trying to hold my phone and drive.  I'm used to the steel mesh, doesn't keep the heat in that well though.
:D :D foam it that's what I would do :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

jwilly3879

The mesh takes some getting used to. The combination of bifocals, bouncing around and the screen still gets me.

How long is your skid?

Ed_K

And where are the hills, N.H. has hills I see em from my town  ;D .
Ed K

Woodboogah

The longest skid on that job was about 3/4 of a mile.  There are hills there, once I cross where it is brushed in its steep just cant tell in the video.  That lot is a 137ac. parcel in part of some 400ac.  It is known as Birch Hill.  I cut the hill side already up to the tower not heading back down.  Couldnt get trucks up the hill once the snow flew. 

lumberjack48

I never rode a skidder that long unless i was moving it. A guy could still make a turn every 15, 20 minutes. Taking this ride on the Jack is a good reminder why i never owned one. There a good skidder but take a lot more getting used to because of the poor visibility.

Thanks for video, i'm laying in bed, so it was nice to take a ride out in the woods. Very nice looking logging job, the same way i did it.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

tlandrum

I did a video like that a few years ago during mud season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laOxuVW9GrQ
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Woodboogah

That's pretty well muddied up i'd say

thecfarm

tlandrum,were you hauling tree length out of the woods? Those logs must of been covered with mud.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lumberjack48

I had skid trails like that every spring, making that last push
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Woodboogah

That looks like a lot of filing to me. 

tlandrum

yes I was skidding tree length . I had a fec buck saw,as long as the mud didn't set up on the trees the saw would make it thru the day. then next morning id swap out the chain   
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Thank You Sponsors!