iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

440C/D

Started by PaYoungBuck, February 01, 2014, 07:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaYoungBuck

Was wondering if someone with or around one could post a pic of the top of the shifter cover for me. The one the shifters run in that keeps them separated. A friend is trying to have his fixed and the weld shop wanted a pic of one that's not broke. Thanks

Offthebeatenpath

I'm not going to see my skidder for another day or so, but here's a drawing of the 440D from the Operator's Manual.  It's probably not as good as a photos, but gives the basic idea.

Jed
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

PaYoungBuck

Thanks that helps if you get one of the machine that would be great to. Much appreciated.

clww

I just typed in "440C skidder gear shift" in Google images. Several pictures there. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Offthebeatenpath

Here's a picture of a skidder I was looking at buying, but didn't. It shows the shifters, although not real well.

1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Offthebeatenpath

Here are a few photos of the shifter from the 400D.  Let me know if you need another angle.

Jed

PaYoungBuck

Those should work thank you. How do you like the D? I've had a 440C and now a 540B. I've always wanted a 440D

Offthebeatenpath

I love the 440D, although I'm still trying to figure out some of the basics, as this is all still fairly new to me.  I've always heard the 540B is about the best little cable skidder out there (if you're a Deere person).  I kind of like shifting though personally.

PaYoungBuck

I always thought I liked shifting til I ran a powershift. Can't beat them on a hill just bump down as needed. No picking a low gear and crawling the whole way or having to shift in the middle of the hill when you don't make it.

BargeMonkey

I've got 11,600 hours on mine and she is a good skidder. With 18.4 tires they are a bit tippy, and the Deere 3325 winches are close to junk once you get used to a 4000 winch. There's quite a bit of difference between a C and D machine. For a nice 3-4 tree machine its OK, you can run it on 7-10 gallon of fuel a day.

Thank You Sponsors!