iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sketchup 2013- where are my shop drawings?

Started by romanccm, January 30, 2014, 11:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romanccm

So I got a new computer, and got the new sketchup program whether I wanted it or not.  Put the TF rubies on, they showed up where they were supposed to- but when I select 'make shop drawings' nothing happens.  Anyone have a clue where those are going?

bmike

Did you install the rubies using the extension wharehouse? Or just copying them into the plugin folder?

You should get a dialog box asking where you want the part saved. If not, something is broken.
Mike Beganyi Design and Consulting, LLC
www.mikebeganyi.com

romanccm

Thanks Mike, I installed using the warehouse-- all of the other options show up (make joint, show peg, etc) and shop drawings does too just dosn't seem to go anywhere, and there is no noise either.  Weird.  I guess I will try uninstalling and reinstalling.

romanccm

So I uninstalled both sketchup and the rubies and then re-installed them.  Same thing- should I take this up with Trimble at this point I wonder?

bmike

are you not getting the dialog box to save them? really weird behavior, from how you describe it.
www.mikebeganyi.com

romanccm

Nothing at all.  The component highlights edges in blue, I right click, select Make shop drawings and then the RC menu disappears and nothing happens.  The selected component remains edged in blue afterward. I was able to use it on last version, select the object, make shop drawings and a window would come up with the layout view overlaid by the dialog box for saving options- with the update I got nothing.

romanccm

All right- this is getting a bit crazy.  I have a brand spanking new computer out of the box, put sketchup on, put TF rubies on and the same thing happens- click on make shop drawings and get nothing.  The button is not grayed out, it closes the menu but then does nothing.  GAH!

bmike

It might be a permission issue. Are you running SketchUp as an administrator?

I'll email Clark and let him know about this thread.
www.mikebeganyi.com

klpauba

I'm having the same experience -- loaded just fine and appear to work but I get no shop drawings.

romanccm

I am the only account on this computer, so am certainly the admin.  Thank you guys for all the help!

romanccm

To heck with it, the scripts run fine with my newly installed sketchup 2014.  Thanks for the help!

klpauba

Thanks romanccm, that fixed it for me too!

Thank You Sponsors!