iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hercules/Eaton winch

Started by David-L, January 28, 2014, 09:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

My winch started to leak abit when I was on a side hill today. best I can tell is that it is coming from the worm housing that has a seal on the inside were the drum shaft goes into the worm housing. i have not had one of these apart except to put new packing kit in the winch brake cylinder. The main line is oily cause the brake vent was blowing oil on it before i got the machine and fixed it. It is not leaking alot so do I run it keeping an eye on the oil or will the oil somehow work over to the dry side clutches. Is there a possibility that it is just way cold and the seal is just is not functioning, and is this a easy seal to get at or is this a no fun one. Taking the winch off is no problem to work on it in a warm space. it was 5 degrees and windy here all day and I am sure seals dont' like this weather if they are old. I don't like this weather either and I have a feeling i am older than the seal. frozen face today.

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

David-L

well, headed out the door. can oil from the drum shaft seal in the worm housing somehow get over to the dry side where the clutches are. thanks.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Maine logger88

I'd pm Dixmont he knows about all there is to know on those winches!good luck with it David!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!