iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Snow Day Treat

Started by Dodgy Loner, January 28, 2014, 12:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgy Loner

The bad weather moving across the South has us iced in today. We awoke to the sound of sleet clinking on the rooftoop. It has been sleeting non-stop for about four hours now. It is the most perfect, tiny, round sleet I've ever seen, accumulating up to an inch thick on top of our cars.

So I had an idea smiley_idea
I filled 3 bowls full of the sleet

I grabbed some whipping cream and a bottle of maple flats' finest grade A dark amber

I topped the sleet with gratuitous quantities of both

MMM -  delicious! digin1
I love snow days 8)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Magicman

Our "snow day" treat was a piping hot bowl of Pat's homemade soup and hot cornbread.  A guy could make a meal out of that.   food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ianab

Just out of interest, technically those round pellets are called Graupel. It's a type of snow which forms when more ice gets accumulated on snowflakes as they are falling. It's softer than hail, and not wet like sleet.

So it count's as "real snow"  ;) :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graupel
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Chuck White

That's a good treat you've got there Dodgy Loner!

Back when I was a kid, we used to do the "wax on snow" treat.

Boil the syrup down a lot more and ladel it onto clean snow, then stick it with a fork and roll it up into a lollipop shape.

But now syrup costs a lot more.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

breederman

Just don't eat yellow snow!
Together we got this !

thecfarm

Did the little one enjoy it too?
Chunk,that is some good too.!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on January 28, 2014, 04:48:37 PM

But now syrup costs a lot more.

Raise your sawing prices and you can get you some more syrup.  :D :D :D

Never tried snow with syrup....but I will in the morning. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

goose63

With all the cats and dogs in my yard I AINT EATING NO SNOW
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

Get some snow off the roof, then all you have to worry about are the birds!   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

Quote from: Chuck White on January 28, 2014, 08:23:16 PM
Get some snow off the roof, then all you have to worry about are the birds!   ;D
and wild turkeys
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!