iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Multipliers

Started by Fla._Deadheader, June 06, 2004, 07:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Anybody got some root wads from them???

Anybody got any Boulders, about 7' around and high ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Duane_Moore

sorry, no multiplers, but have a pair of fencing pliers, will they work?   Duh---Duane :D
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

sandmar

I am DanG near afraid to ask where you are going with this thread FDH...............but I can hear the gears grinding in your head way up here in GA ::) Multipliers and big rocks.........really got my curiosity up.

Sandmar

Fla._Deadheader

:D :D :D  Geezzz, I thought this was a bunch of country folk that hung out here. ::) ::)
   The Multipliers are a green bunching onion, or scallion. They continually regenerate themselves and you only need 1 planting. I am looking for some root stock, to set out in my garden. ;D ;D

The boulders I have a project for. ;D ;) ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Rocky_J

How much are you willing to pay for transportation costs? Rocks are free, but moving them costs a fortune. And is this for South FL or Crescent City? If Crescent City, check out a retail place called Pebble Junction.

Fla._Deadheader

Rocky, where would Pebble Junction be located???

Anybody know how to calculate the weight of a certain sized rock??? ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Ianab

yeah.. the secret is to find one guy that will pay $20 a ton to have boulders removed.. and another guy that will pay $20 a ton to have them delived :)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

woodmills1

One of my customers says, can you get rid of that pile of rocks for me.  I looked and they were pretty big and pretty flat.  OK I said, but it will be sometime next week.  Two days later another customer says, do you have any big flat rocks?

As a matter of fact I do but I can't bring them over till next week! :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Rocky_J

It's a huge rock store in Sanford. 702 S. French Av., 407-323-3838.

You'd be better off picking up than having them deliver. They are mighty proud of their rocks and even more proud of their delivery truck.

dail_h

DH,
   I got some egyptian onions,they are scallion type,make new sets on the top of the stalks. Once you get'em ya always got'em Rocks on the other hand, are a different story,now if I still lived where I grew up I could help,but thet's folks hereabouts ain't never seen a natural rock,and ain't never hit one with a plow
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Dail. I knew about them type, did NOT know the name. I want the "root growth" type, but, may take some of yours, later on, if ya don't mind. Thanks for offering.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Bro. Noble

Harold,

Is that the same as what we call 'winter'onions?

They grow in a great big clump and you can pick them year round here.    We used to have some and they died out.  A neighbor is going to divide his and give me a start.  Maybe I can get you some later if you don't get a start before.

We got multiplier rocks :D

Had a neighbor that moved in from Kansas.  Asked me where he could get some rocks to line his wife's flower beds.  Told him we might be able to find some up in the pasture and I'd even help load them ;D  Thought I was being real sly ::)

Those folks moved back to Kansas and my parents bought their place and retired there.  Mom asked me if I would haul off all those rocks  that were around their flower beds :-/ :D

I hauled in a couple of big boulders with our wheel loader and used them in landscaping for our new house.  Didn't have to haul them very far ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Fla._Deadheader

Bro. Noble, I believe you got what I am lookin for. We used to dig a wad, and shake the dirt out. Then ya cut the stems off and replant the roots. Never heard of 'em dying before ???

We had the "rock" thing, also. My 2 kids picked enough rocks off our farm to build the whole lower section of the Grade "B" milk barn, AND fill the elevated sections, so we could pour the floors for the stalls. We used blocks for the Grade "A" barn. ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

etat

Well see, I thought ya was talkin about math and I was surely gonna stay out of that before Swamp Donkey sent me back to the seventh grade. ;D  I didn't know you was talkin about my favorite onions.  Them stems are just as good as the bulb part or better when they're green and fresh. .  And talk about good, just fry up some of em stems and onions and put few little pieces of bacon in for seasoning.  Or chop em up and grill em on a hamburger.  And got to have a few raw ones to eat bout every meal. Ceptin around here we always call them multiplying onions, never heard it as multipliers before.  Around here they do better to plant in the fall, or real early in the spring, but fall is best.  They'll mostly stay dormant during the winter but really start coming out in early spring. They do good until it starts geting hot summertime and then they will dry up and the stems will wilt.  My dad then pulls them up and dries them just like a bulb for replanting.  I usually just leave em alone when possible and let em sprout back when the weather gets right in the fall of the year.  Put some hay around em and you can bout eat onions all winter. If the ground is soft don't pull up the whole clump, just wiggle a few out of each bunch and they'll keep right on multipling.  

A few years ago a lady gave me some bunches of multiplying onions she called scallions.  Seems they were just a little bigger than the ones we always planted and had a bit of a different taste.  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

smwwoody

Deadheader

I got lotsa rocks for ya.  take your pick from coffee cup size up to school bus size.  Just take a trip up north to see us and I'll load ya up.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Fla._Deadheader

I knowed it, I jest Knowed it. I was sure some of Y'all had what I was talkin about.

CK, there was a LOT of ole timers where we lived in Arkansas. They ALL called 'em multipliers.

YUP, Onions is big and you put out "sets". Multipliers is winter Onions or green onions and should keep on growin and sproutin

Smwoody, may get in touch, when we head for the Teech's place to get the Vacuum Kiln parts we bought.  Thanks
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jason_WI

You looking for limestone?  We have plenty where we are at. Flat to round and some as big as a pickup truck. U haul ;D

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

ARKANSAWYER

FDH just come back home here to the hills we gots aplenty of both.  
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

smwwoody

FD

let me know when you will be up this way.  we can get together.  then we could talk about them home builds running rubber tires and sawen great lumber every day.  

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

SwampDonkey

I thought from the topic it was onions, but as I read your post Fla_D I couldn't make the connection to the big rock. What ya need it for? Gosh, wish I could show ya the boulder fields I've walked through just to get to my fishing hole. :D :D

cktate:  Now, now I still might test ya on what kinda rock Fla_D is after. That was grade 7 too ;) :D :D :D. As a reward ya get a bunch of multiplier onions. :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fla._Deadheader

Woody, are there any Elk on your place, and are they fair game???  Wouldn't mind tryin to snag one of them critters. They are gooood eatin ;) ;)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Swede

Going from rocks to onions to elk. Before this debate gets derailed into food..............

Today I asked my neighbor what he was up to. -Pulling up a lot of weed, he said.
I told him I don´t have to PULL my weed up................   ::)

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Fla._Deadheader

Them Elk steaks would be fiiiiiiine, smothered in them onions. ;D ;D ;D  
 Could use the rocks to keep away all the moochers. ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

And just as I was about to sit down to some pork roast. DanG nab-it!! ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Swede

:o wooooops.!!  :o Pork roast.

But I´m shure Swedish elks are vegetarian so I´m not afraid going out to find some chanterelles.

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

SwampDonkey

Swede:

They pick them chantrelles in BC on the coast, but I never heard of it here in the east coast. They set up camps to buy the 'shrooms fresh of the stem. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!